would like input twin turbo 415 stroker

-

joshl06

Reaction score
I have a 360 bored .06 with iron ram eq magnum heads scat forged 408 kit that has dished pistons has 262 comp cam with 1.6 roller rockers the compression I figure should be 8.7 this is a little on the low side so I'm going to try the dreaded twin turbos I already have the t3 t04 turbos I don't have the carb yet and plan on porting the heads and going with a 507 lift cam I would like to run 93 gas and would like it to be streetable any ideas or input is welcome by the way I didn't biuld this I got it on a trade

Combine all specs to one post. Most blow through guys run a big Holley with modifications like huge jets and a boost reference power valve. I'd go with a classic air gap for the manifold and skip porting your heads, let the boost do the work. id say that's a good compression ratio for pump gas but the amount of duration in that cam is too much, you want something smaller with more LSA. With both valves held open on a big cam for a NA engine, boost pressure ends up going out the exhaust valve or exhaust ends up going out the intake valve. 060 over is a lot id think, are you going to fill the block to add strength? You're also going to want to pull the Pistons out and check the ring gaps to make certain they have enough clearance for the heat of boost.

You better at least do a half fill on the block at .060 over runnin boost. I have sonic tested some pretty thin 360s.

Also, the boost specific cam is another good recommendation. Although not necessary, having a cam actually designed for boost would make the best of everything. Something ground on a 112 or even a 114 LSA would do good. I think I would go with the 114.

4 inch scat forged crank I didn't put the motor together I got it with my 66 I'll go through my paperwork and see if he had sonic tested I wouldn't have went over 30 if I fill the block would that make it more likely to overheat while driving

I'm not really a blow through guy but to get the power I want I would have to start pretty much over

Sorry - should have asked - what pistons? I think if you're just planning to slap something on this one, it will break. If you want to build an engine for turbocharging - build a different one that you know can take some abuse.

If you go with a half fill, it will run fine on the street as long as you don't cut corners on the cooling system. That's still no guarantee that you will not break the block.

In another post you said you wanted to run 12s. That would be no problem for a stroker without boost. Unless you're trying to haul a 3500 down the track. I don't think I'd use a block that is .060 over for boost. I used one 62-1 turbo on a stock 318 mag and plan to make 500 hp, which is enough for a 12 second car. I would scrap the turbo stroker idea. Pick up a 360 or 318 mag, put the heads you have on it and add boost. Not a lot of room in our cars so do some homework. There are guys out there with twins and even a big block with twins I believe.

I don't remember saying 12s but I may have if so plans have changed got 2 trucks to try to out run one is a healthy 12 to 1 383 swb chevy with dart aluminum head other is little brother which is good to be a lot harder he is running a 94 dodge swb with aluminum headed 383 stroked to a 496 both na

After the input I have gotten which I really appreciate I think I'll only go 8 lbs if I even do it

It hypertec forged pistons with chrome moly rings didn't biild the engine I basically got a long block and a stack of recites never been started along with a biult 904 that hasn't been ran yet and a narrowed 9 with 3.89 gears and posi unit I have a stack of about 9k worth of parts and labor don't really know what he was going for I wanted the 66 barracuda its the same body as my first car I'm just trying to do as much as I can with it the car is back halved with a 4-link 29-18 tires rack and pinion steering and front disk brakes I didn't take into consideration the bore just the low compression for the turbos which I have

I may have acted a little to fast on the deal thinking I had somthing now I relize I probably dont have much more than a boat anchor for what that car is set up for

I may have acted a little to fast on the deal thinking I had somthing now I relize I probably dont have much more than a boat anchor for what that car is set up for

Hay don't get discouraged :wack: you have a 73 360 block with a 4.060 bore right? the pre 74 blocks are suppose to have the same core shift as the 340s of the day. Which have a 4.040 stock bore. That makes it only a .020 over 340 bore! People will say that's not right so if you want to make sure you only need .125 of meat on the trust side the bore. So test that. A small block has been proven structurally sound to 600hp long before we ever had X or R blocks. So if your 410 small block makes 1.35hp per cubic in that comes to 553.5hp and you don't need great heads or much boost for that! I wound think 6psi wound get it done. So if you want some help shoot me a PM. This 416 makes 550hp on air.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 165
Just run it naturally aspirated. Geez it'll make plenty of power.

This is my first stroker but I pretty much know an 8.7 to 1 with magnum heads isn't going to out power a sbc 383 ported dart heads and 12 to 1 compression ratio im a dy hard mopar guy but iknow what makes power the only advantage I have is that it is in a truck

If you want to see kind of what im starting with pics of my car is in members restoration under my project 66 may turn out to be more project than I expected

Hyper pistons I believe are not best for boost or nitrous. Also piston rings are a factor. Like i said have a carb for sale if interested too.

-
Back