Would You Buy A New Demon Carb Now That BG Is Out Of Business???

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The engine for my '69 Dart is a 380-horse 360 crate motor that I'm going to beef up a bit more. I've been thinking about using a 750 Mighty Demon vacuum secondary annular carb on it - I like the combination of the annular feature with the vacuum secondarys since it's going to be primarily a weekend street car with occassional track use.
Trans is going to be a reverse pattern manual shift 727, possibly with a Gear Vendors behind it. Rear gears undetermined at this time - depending on the Gear Vendors going in or not. I also still need to determine the trans converter.
Question is: would you go with the Demon setup now that BG is out of business? How much of the internals are interchangeable with Holley? Or would something like a Quick Fuel setup be better?
Interested in your comments.

i think that somebody started a thread not to long ago for us carb newbies about the interchangeability between holley's and demons...

might give you more of the answer your looking for...

Demon went out of buisness for a reason, I have first hand experience with their quality control issues that gave them a bad reputation. Finding metal shavings in the bowl of a brand new Demon carburetor that wouldn't work correctly left me with a sour taste for BG.

Demon went out of buisness for a reason, I have first hand experience with their quality control issues that gave them a bad reputation. Finding metal shavings in the bowl of a brand new Demon carburetor that wouldn't work correctly left me with a sour taste for BG.

I took a brand new Demon right out of the box and
put it on my new 360.
That thing had gas leaking everywhere right out of the box.
Replaced the gaskets put it back on the motor and
could not get that thing tuned for anything.
Threw that thing back in the box.Put a new holly 780 on
spent about 10 minutes tuning it and went about having fun with the car.
I gave that Demon to a friend of mine who is a mechanic by trade and he
gave up on it and gave it to someone else. LOL

I wouldn't buy a Demon carb if they were still in business and I sure wouldn't buy one now.

If I want a Holley like carb I will buy a Holley.

I could see you eventually ending up like us Thermoquad guys. You know, scrounging for that one part......

I took a brand new Demon right out of the box and
put it on my new 360.
That thing had gas leaking everywhere right out of the box.
Replaced the gaskets put it back on the motor and
could not get that thing tuned for anything.
Threw that thing back in the box.Put a new holly 780 on
spent about 10 minutes tuning it and went about having fun with the car.
I gave that Demon to a friend of mine who is a mechanic by trade and he
gave up on it and gave it to someone else. LOL

agreed, I have also seen a different Demon carb out the box, leak all over and stain a friends brand new aluminum intake. You would think they could at least tighten all the screws and bolts....guess thats too much to ask for from a brand new carburetor haha

-
Back