Would you install this thermostat?

-

Rovot

Reaction score
The Robertshaw controls company 370 thermostat that was installed in my Demon 340 stopped working, and a search brought me to the Flowkooler subtitute.
Reached out to them about the condition of the thermostat 3 business days ago and have not heard back.
Would you install this (see attached)?

IMG_1934.jpg

If that's supposed to be a brand new part I'd send it back, looks like an old recycled part to me.

If it's not a brand new part, I'd test in on the stove in a pot of water with a thermometer and if it opens at the correct temp I'd run it. But only if it's not supposed to be brand new.

I have personally gotten a "new" part in " new" box funny thing is it was a O'Riley brand part in a non o'Riley box and it was not the correct part.

Manufacturer may have put the wrong part in the box

OR

some scumbag bought a cheap incorrect part and bought the more expensive correct part.

Swapped boxes and returned the more expensive box with the wrong part in it.

The place where you bought it may be more responsible than Robertshaw. Unless it was in a plastic package that wasn't previously opened, someone may have returned it after using it if it was in a box.

some scumbag bought a cheap incorrect part and bought the more expensive correct part.

Swapped boxes and returned the more expensive box with the wrong part in it.
I had that happen to me with brakes, and I didn’t catch it because I didn’t know how to see the difference between organic and ceramic, slapped them on because “ they were new in the box”. Two weeks later, my friends wife contacts me and says “ I thought you said these new brakes wouldn’t make my wheels all black”
The store where I bought them gave us the runaround because they thought that couldn’t possibly have happened. it must’ve been the way I installed them, because I didn’t have the rotors turned down.

What does the other side look like?

The Robertshaw controls company 370 thermostat that was installed in my Demon 340 stopped working, and a search brought me to the Flowkooler subtitute.
Reached out to them about the condition of the thermostat 3 business days ago and have not heard back.
Would you install this (see attached)?

You say it stopped working?? Why would anyone re-install a part that wasn't working? Toss it and buy another one - they're cheap.

Go to the Stewart Components web site and get a thermostat there. Best in the business.

You say it stopped working?? Why would anyone re-install a part that wasn't working? Toss it and buy another one - they're cheap.
my post probably wasn't clear enough
this attached picture is supposed to be a new replacement that cost me $37

my post probably wasn't clear enough
this was supposed to be a new replacement that cost me $37
Yep, it was the old "box the old part and return for a refund" trick. I have gotten brake shoes that way before. No body opens the box to check.

The slight surface rust would not bother me, if it was indeed new. You have way far more rust in your engine block by now. Test it, boil some water throw in some tea bags when the thermostat opens, tea is ready.

-
Back