Wow another track issue.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Dear Maple Grove Racers,
Many of you are currently aware but for those who are not, there is a traction compound shortage. As the weeks progress, the shortage is becoming a very real issue for MGR. With that being said we are trying to be as proactive as possible by reevaluating upcoming events. The remaining Sunoco Race Fuels ET Series races will now be contested 1/8th mile for all classes. All other events such as Chevy Showdown, Geezers, etc. will remain 1/4 mile at this time. The silver lining of this situation is that racers for Super and Pro can use the opportunity to prepare for Bracket Finals. Which will be here at Maple Grove Raceway, September 23-25. We understand this is not the ideal situation but we want to keep racing as planned. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Regards,
Maple Grove Raceway Management

:DAn emergency phone call to the baseball Commision for confiscated Spider Tack is in order.:thumbsup:

I’ll just throw Bracket Betty back in the car…. I’ll hook in a car wash with that combo :)

I've heard my local track is having issues getting some as well. He apparently has 2 suppliers and hasn't been able to get from either. Not sure how much he has on hand but I know this past weekend some cars that typically don't have an issue getting down the track were knocking the tires off at the line...

I have heard it is not a shortage, but an outage. I know of 1 track that was told there will be no more coming this year. So me in my silliness, I thought being totally clueless, “maybe I can find a drum? How hard/and or expensive could that be?” Well, I learned two very important things……I’m a moron and traction compound is EXPENSIVE even in normal times!

I have heard it is not a shortage, but an outage. I know of 1 track that was told there will be no more coming this year. So me in my silliness, I thought being totally clueless, “maybe I can find a drum? How hard/and or expensive could that be?” Well, I learned two very important things……I’m a moron and traction compound is EXPENSIVE even in normal times!

Years ago Greg our track manager told my son it took 1000.00 to prep two lanes. Now we are running 1/8 mile instead of 1/4 mile on race days but I’m sure it cost more today.

I saw prices over $1200 a drum………..the wife doesn’t like having the drum of C12 in the garage!

Plenty here, three drag strip's all with in 45 miles and closer, if I can get ahold of a sell let me know if I can help

I was in Edmonton last weekend at Rad Torque Raceway and they announced the shortage of traction compound. They have enough for the rocky mountain nationals this weekend and that’s it.

My local track (Saskatchewan international raceway) sent a message on there FB page saying they have enough for 1 more weekend.

-
Back