Wow! Offer on my Cuda

-
A high quality paint job alone in California will cost around $12,000.00 if there is no rust.

Engine rebuild, $4000.00 if you take it out and put it in.

If it is a show car, the only reason I would sell it is if I wanted something else.

A high quality paint job alone in California will cost around $12,000.00 if there is no rust.

Engine rebuild, $4000.00 if you take it out and put it in.

If it is a show car, the only reason I would sell it is if I wanted something else.

California prices ARE through the roof. ....
I've seen some crazy prices for cars out here. ..like our real estate market. ..

Jeff

The year round BBQ, car cruising, and fishing helps take your mind off the shitty politics. Not a native, but have been to way worse.

Hey, I will say California is beautiful almost year round and there a great car culture here as well.
The politics piss me off to no end.
Born here...I'm sure I'll die here.
There's worse for sure.....

Jeff

Hey, I will say California is beautiful almost year round and there a great car culture here as well.
The politics piss me off to no end.
Born here...I'm sure I'll die here.
There's worse for sure.....

Jeff

You want some politics, come over here.... One of our governors recently got out of the slammer... :soapbox:

Uh, California is NOT broke. 2016 budget projects a 3.6 billion dollar surplus.
State Budget Surplus Leads to Spending Tensions

Projections for 2017 estimate a surplus of up to 10 billion, although obviously the farther out the projection goes the more likely it is to change.

Let's not turn this into another politics discussion devoid of facts.

Last edited:
As much as I love my car, for $35K, it would be gone, and I'd start looking for a solid 64 Sport Fury Convertible.

I don't mean to hijack a thread but getting bent up about someone calling a barracuda a cuda and then spelling camaro with an "e" was funny to me.
About half as funny as you failing to capitalize Camaro while giving me **** for a typo. After 3 hand surgery's and 35 years wrenching I make a LOT of typos.

Funny, i was thinking the same thing!
You caught me, I am that stupid and I got bent about the Cuda thing too...I will watch my typos in the future and you guys keep checking my spelling.:icon_fU:

"Wow, offer on my Cuda" had me expecting a 70-74, not a 68 Barracuda. Its a very clean ride and I am not bent or bashing, I think its a super sweet Barracuda,I was just stating a fact. I am also very familiar with Camaros, having owned over a dozen of them. PM me in the morning with my spelling corrections for tomorrow...

Pictures don't always tell, but I figure your car probably is as it shows.
I don't think 35K is too outrageous then.
You are attached to the car.
If it would be like selling one of your children and the money isn't need by you, I wouldn't sell it either for that.
Put another way, I could win the lottery for 35K.
It wouldn't make any difference in the way I live my life.
If I won 35 million, that would.
Well, that's my post for the day.
I got to go paint a Charger.
Lot's of work there.
Really.

I've seen people that professed that they were broke and living on ramen noodles pull 15 grand out of their *** for a crate Hemi at the drop of a hat.
So, you never know........[/QUOTE]

Very funny but very true

About half as funny as you failing to capitalize Camaro while giving me **** for a typo. After 3 hand surgery's and 35 years wrenching I make a LOT of typos.

You caught me, I am that stupid and I got bent about the Cuda thing too...I will watch my typos in the future and you guys keep checking my spelling.:icon_fU:

"Wow, offer on my Cuda" had me expecting a 70-74, not a 68 Barracuda. Its a very clean ride and I am not bent or bashing, I think its a super sweet Barracuda,I was just stating a fact. I am also very familiar with Camaros, having owned over a dozen of them. PM me in the morning with my spelling corrections for tomorrow...
There's no use being butt hurt about a snide comment jokingly stated by myself, however, i'm sorry i made you mad.........

$35K Sure you would be bucks ahead, but depending on the part of the country you live, you may be bucks behind. Lots of parts of the country all thats left are rust queens, or nothing, or you have to buy something and have it shipped from somewhere else. And hunt for parts that seem to get pricier and pricier everyday. If you cant personally inspect it, its a craps shoot as to what your gonna get. Sometimes the devil you know is better than the one you dont know. It all depends on weather or not you want to start over.

I had a 68 383 charger i painted B5. First car i ever owned . I sold it , regretted it, and found a 69 charger 318 car i made into a 440 4 speed R/T fake. I was able to do this one better than the first car because i had more experience at 20 years old than at 16 years old with the first one. I still missed the 68 charger though even though i did the 69 up better.

Although with $35k you could have 2 of em. One for you and one for the missus.

This is almost better than Barrett Jackson.... Look what you started Jeff.. Price just went up !!!! lol

Not according to to what I read. California voters may have a chance in 2016 to vote on pension reform. If reform does not pass, California might make Greece look good. AND, Dan Walters, a respected columnist for the Sacramento Bee, has estimated that the state’s unfunded liabilities are between $500 billion and $1 trillion. The Volcker Alliance, a group headed by Paul Volcker, a former chairman of the Federal Reserve, estimates that the state has $195 billion in promises to state-government employees.

-
Back