Wrong size bushings???

-

autumn ash

Reaction score
Ok so i bought prothane 4-1003-BL, this is supposed to fit a 65 barracuda. But the inner diameter is to small to fit the bolts. I dont even know if the fit the leaf spring yet but, do i just getnew bolts?

20230810_131842.jpg

They made 2 different spring hangers and their respected bolts. The 6 cylinders usually came with the smaller diameter ones, and the performance cars had the larger diameter ones. Just get a matching set of springs, bolts, bushings, and hanger brackets. Personally, I'd go with the bigger ones. Looks like you already have to larger bolts, and probably the hanger brackets they fit. If you're buying new springs and bushings, order the bigger ones.

They made 2 different spring hangers and their respected bolts. The 6 cylinders usually came with the smaller diameter ones, and the performance cars had the larger diameter ones. Just get a matching set of springs, bolts, bushings, and hanger brackets. Personally, I'd go with the bigger ones. Looks like you already have to larger bolts, and probably the hanger brackets they fit. If you're buying new springs and bushings, order the bigger ones.
Do they sell the larger diameter bushings? I just wanted to stick new bushings in my stock springs.

Measure the dimensions of your bushing and compare to the
RB-60 seen here.

Do they sell the larger diameter bushings? I just wanted to stick new bushings in my stock springs.
Yes, there are all sorts of suppliers for that front hanger bushing, and a few different materials they can be made of. Just measure your bushing diameter. You would have either the 1 1/2" (uses a 1/2" bolt) or 2" bushing (uses a 5/8" bolt)

Yes, there are all sorts of suppliers for that front hanger bushing, and a few different materials they can be made of. Just measure your bushing diameter. You would have either the 1 1/2" (uses a 1/2" bolt) or 2" bushing (uses a 5/8" bolt)
Yeah its a two inch bushing, are the rear bushings the same on both, and do you know of front 2" ones made out of polyurethane? I appreciate the help.

Same on both of what? There are several different bushing materials you can get. You'll have to check around. PST should have them, but, I haven't looked lately. I like the rubber or polygraphite ones myself.

The 2" front bushing and 1-1/2" front bushing that apparently differed from 6 cylinder to 8 cylinder cars. But whatever doesnt matter, ill find the right ones.
As you've discovered, the application catalogs all all messed up on these. I know the mistakes go right into the '70s on Dusters and Demons. The only reliable way to get what you need is to measure and order by dimensions.

-
Back