WTB 10" x 1-3/4" SBP drums

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an original set in excellent condition from a 69 restored for show with springs intact PM me if interested

When I was looking for these a couple months ago, Rock Auto turned out to not actually have any. The brake warehouse price is crazy. I ended up getting a pair off ebay. Were about $80 each shipped, I think, or somewhere around there. Not too horrible seeing as how they're getting hard to find. I was afraid they'd be made in China, but when they arrived I was happy to see they were from Canada.

Some of the replacement ones i just seen recently had very little lining run surface from new out of the box they looked like most worn out originals! Also have heard the metal is so cheap it actually bends on some of them when the brakes shoes are applied hard but that may have been the 9 in ones. As 72Dodge mentioned they can be hard to find especially with any lining surface left to cut

This is another good reason to swap to big bolt discs and late model 10x2.5 rear drums. It's not cheap, but considering that it's a good idea to go discs these days anyway. The only car I've got that's staying small bolt is my GTS, but it's still getting discs (K-H) and I've got a couple of spare pairs of rear drums...

Good advice there. I would switch to BBP all around also for anything but a factory hi-po car restoration.

i cant find my calipers so i took some pics i my be wrong but they don't look like they have ever been turned

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 108
  • photo 2.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 95
  • photo 3.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 110
  • photo 4.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 94
  • photo 5.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 107
Status