WTB: 1967 383 dual point distributor

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, there are no factory dual point distributors for the 67 383. If you want a dual point, I have both Mallory and Accel distributors on the shelf. I also have standard 383 single point distributors. PM me if I can help.

A friend of mine had a factory 1967 Chrysler VIP four door with a HP 383. It had a dual point distributor. It was her dad's car and he handed it down to her.

I believe that factory dual point distributors were available for all of the high performance engines including the 383.

Yeah for some reason mine has a single point and want to get it back to the way it came. I know they made dual point that year.

According to GG's book '67 383-4 4speed and auto were SINGLE point dist. AUTOMATIC--part#2642745, replacement #2642746. 4 SPEED--part#2642849, replacement #2642972. The number on the build sheet for either trans is 58.

Replacement# i believe is an over the counter part.

my 67 GTS 383 came with dual point distributor which I still have in case someone someday wants the GTS worst than I do and wants to put back to original.

my 67 GTS 383 came with dual point distributor which I still have in case someone someday wants the GTS worst than I do and wants to put back to original.

What's the part# on this dual point dist?

Crap, the last time I saw one of those it was sailing over some farmers field fence soon to be plowed into his field.:cheers:

sorry to say but Demon Seed may be right. I was hit by an F-5 in '98 and lost almost everything I owned. Some friends picked up as many parts as they could find and I thought the dual point was in there but I can't find it to get the numbers off it. I do remember that it was a Mallory dual point though. Sorry I don't still have it. Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back