[Found!] WTB 1968 DART AC VENT ASSEMBLY WITH PAD.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1968 Dart 270

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi,I need the ac vent assembly with the special pad that only 1968 darts have. My car would have had a brown pad. Also if you have the mounting hardware (screws/nuts) that would be a bonus. Also need ac control/radio bezel for 1968 Dart. Please send a PM if you have one.

Last edited:
Pictures of exactly what u need would be better to help u.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Maybe able to help on ac unit goes under dash, let me check for one.
It has to be the 1968 style with the pad that's underneath. (One year only). All 1968 Darts,Valiants,Barracudas with air conditioning got the pad.

Last edited:
Were trying to help, you can just get the ac unit for now and add the pad when u find one.
I'm aware of that. I'd prefer to just buy a 1968 vent that already has a pad attached rather than buy a pad separate and then pay another $20 or more shipping on it as well. There are enough 68's out there and people removing the ac parts that they come up fairly often.
Thank you though for the input.

56 years and counting. Do a search in the classifieds, might get lucky.
I'm aware of that. I'd prefer to just buy a 1968 vent that already has a pad attached rather than buy a pad separate and then pay another $20 or more shipping on it as well. There are enough 68's out there and people removing the ac parts that they come up fairly often.
Thank you though for the input.

Rare as hell, I haven't seen one posted on here in a few years.
Can we please stop derailing this thread? Its a WANTED to buy post,not a general discussion thread. I posted a wanted ad and people with none of these parts for sale feel compelled to get their oar in the water.
" Do a search in the classifieds, might get lucky" "you can always buy the vents and pad separate"....Gee,next I'm probably going to be told that water is wet. Lol. This isn't advice this is called stating the obvious and to be honest,rather insulting to my intelligence.
I've actually seen a couple listed in the last year here but they are all sold. There's also one on ebay right now,but the price is insane. Hardly "rare as hell".All 1968's with air got the vent pad,chrysler sold a lot of 68 A bodies with air. Much harder to find 1958 Plymouth signal seeker radio,bumper wings,1960 DeSoto tail lights with chevrons intact...a 58 with bendix fuel injection is "rare as hell"..but a bodies with Ac out where I live are common. Theres currently a complete 68 dash for sale locally but they wont sell just the vents. There are also a couple 1968 cars out here on the local classifieds (valiant,barracuda and dart) and all have ac and pads. i guess they arent "rare as hell" out here. The valiant is the right color and might end up being parted. A lot of folks here are just hot rodding these for weekend toys and toss the ac stuff so it comes up for sale,hence my wanted ad. Anyway, Don't mean to sound gruff,but
Can we please confine the replies to only folks who actually have the said items for sale? So far everything mentioned I am aware of. I realize it may be meant in the spirit of "just trying to help" but stating the obvious isnt helping and I keep getting notices that theres a reply and instead of it being someone with parts or something useful its comments like "try searching the classifieds".(gee,never thought of that)
This is a wanted ad. Please respect that and confine replies to those who have the parts I am looking for. I have seen several of these vents with pads when i didnt need them.. I figured i would post a wanted ad here. So far only one person who might have one has replied.
This is my second 68 dart. Just trying to find the parts. If you have them send me a pm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back