-
Status
Not open for further replies.

moparwillie52

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm in need of a 360 Crankshaft. I'm almost 100% that I spun a center main bearing, and I think the crank will need to be replaced as it has already been turned once. If the crank is good I am still interested in a spare. Please let me know if you have one.

I live in Southern MD, but could deliver a crank to Carlisle in July. Let me know, if that can work for you.

Bob

moparwille i dont know if your going to carlisle but i am if i can help let me know im in cleveland.i can get it back to ohio for ya!

I will not be able to attend Carlise this year. I appreciate the offer, and I will let you know for sure if I can't find another one. I'm trying to get this fixed as soon as possible so I can keep racing this year.

Hughes has some on their specials or clarance page. I think they are $35 each for cranks they've replaced with stroker cranks.

JFYI If you did indeed spin a main bearing it most likely tore up the block. Haven't seen one yet that didn't trash the block when a main spins. Hope this isn't the case for your sake.

Me too. I have heard that this is a big problem with the 360. Is there anyway to keep this from happening again? The engine has about 30 or so passes on it. Any thoughts?

Me too. I have heard that this is a big problem with the 360. Is there anyway to keep this from happening again? The engine has about 30 or so passes on it. Any thoughts?

Wow!! I haven't ever seen it happen myself. Seen spun rod bearings but not mains. To keep it from happening have ARP studs installed and the block align honed and watch your total timing. I tore apart one 360 that had the main bearings beat to crap from the guy running 40 degrees of timing. They we're collapsed around the crank when I took it apart but even they didn't spin.

Willie, did you find a 360 crank yet? Ive got a NEW 360 Mopar Performance forged one. I gave $900. from Mancini, decided to go stroker so I will take $500. plus shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back