WTB 4 speed console hurst shifter arm

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those shifters are quite rare and therefore expensive. You might try Brewers Performance for either an original or a reproduction.

have a Hurst shifter in my car. Rare finds but see them occasionally on ebay. Here's mine tho!

Attachments

• 1 188.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 274
Your looking for the console 4spd shifter right?? Different than the non-console 4spd. I have an orig non-console hurst 4 spd. pm me if interested.
4spdragtop

Is this what you are looking for? Its not easy one to find an original (or reproduction) at a reasonable price.

A member makes something to adapt a regular hurst handle to fit the console. I dont know if anyone is using it but it looks like a good alternative until you come up with an original.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=61923

Has anyone tried this?

Attachments

• CIMG2169.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 261
I have no idea of the differences btween console and non console, but I do have a Hurst at home that I was told was from a '68... again, I have no idea, but if someone can get a good pic or a part # (if there is one), I would be happy to dig it out and take a look...

Is the shifter different or is it just the handle that's different? I know that B bodies just have a handle with a bend in it to clear the console. I think the actual shifter mechanism is the same.

this is a picture of a reproduction (just like original but no Hurst logo)

Attachments

• 4850737-sh055repro-a.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 267
Guys,
yes I am looking for the elusive console Hurst shifter in good shape if needs rechromed that is fine.
Thanks Matt

Sorry that's not the one I have... if anyone needs a straight shifter let me know!

Try a wanted ad in hemmings Motor News. There are still quite a few old timers that use it instead of the internet. Back in the 90's I was looking for one of those shifter handles. I called a self-professed Barracuda expert that advertised in Hemmings. He basically told me in a condescending way that there is no way I'll ever find one of those shifters because they are so rare. That made me more determined to find one, so I put a wanted ad in Hemmings and bought not one, but two of those shifters. One went in my car, the other I sold to my friend Jim Lusk.

Good Luck!

If you`re not looking for an exact factory replacement, Hurst made a Competition Plus shifter for the early A-body cars that will work in the 67-69 cars with consoles. They show up on Ebay occasionally and are a fraction of the price of the factory levers.

Guys,
looking for a 4 speed console hurst shifter. Pm me with what you got and your asking price.
Thanks Matt

Matt brewers has restored original ones sometimes ,check with them.
If you need it for originality then that shifter handle works ok.
Personally I think a pistol grip or a regular hurst stick has a far better feel to it when you are going thru the gears.If you have a console that adapter that allows you to use any shifter in your console is pretty awesum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back