WTB: 67-72 lower control arm-sway bar mounting tab

-

dusterdan

Sublime Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, weird inquiry here. I know that there have been other posts about this but here's my request...anybody out there have 67-72 lower control arm SWAY BAR MOUNT TABS? i really don't want the whole control arm as they're expensive to ship i just need the little metal welded on brackets the sway bar attaches too. Hotchkis makes them for B-bodys but of course nothing for a-bodys. If you have a cheap set of LCA's you want to sell i'll take em but really not looking to spend over $60 or so since i just need the brackets...PM me please!!! thanks in advance! -Dan

here's what i need:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=99015

Unless you're going for a restored look, why not find some scrap angle iron and simply make a pair? If you have the sway bar, all you need to do for placement is mount the bar with links in place and make where the tabs would line up.

Hey dusterdan, I'm sure I seen them at the Hotchkiss Suspension website, just google them. I think they were like 45.00 or something close. That's what will do when we need a sway bar setup. Hope this help's.

Hey dusterdan, I'm sure I seen them at the Hotchkiss Suspension website, just google them. I think they were like 45.00 or something close. That's what will do when we need a sway bar setup. Hope this help's.

Hotchkiss Doesn't reproduce a sway bar mount tab for the early 65-72 A body cars.
They repop a tab for the 73-76 A body's, which also is the same tab used on the 70-74 E body cars, and the 70-72 B body cars.
They also have reproduction tabs for the 66-69 B body cars, but as yet, nothing for the early A bodys.
It would be neet it they would repop them, but then they too would need a pair of tabs to copy to reproduce.

yes hemi71x, you're absolutely right! I wouldn't mind doing the scrap metal weld up but i have absolutely zero fabrication skills! :( (definitely something on my bucket list) if anybody out there has em, let me know! will buy whole control arms bent rusted whatever just need good tabs! -Dan

Aren't you gonna have to weld factory tabs on?

Just out of curiosity how hard is it to swap out LCA's ?

Short answer.. A whole heck of a lot harder than making and welding a sway bar tab on.
To go into the details would be considered a kijack of this thread.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260884388381?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Dusterdan
I have this pair of sway bar tabbed 1965-72 lower control arms for sale.
I rebuild Mopar front suspension, and brake parts, as a side line business
for my income these days.
I have a feeling that they are out of your price range, from your earlier posting, but i have posted, for your consideration anyway.

I have used the Hotchkis parts for the other body style LCA's in the past, and they are nice reproduction parts.
Would be nice, if they can step up to the plate, and repop them for the early A body's too.

Anyway, this posting will keep your posting going, by bringing it back to the top.
Jim V.

Hotchkiss Doesn't reproduce a sway bar mount tab for the early 65-72 A body cars.
They repop a tab for the 73-76 A body's, which also is the same tab used on the 70-74 E body cars, and the 70-72 B body cars.
They also have reproduction tabs for the 66-69 B body cars, but as yet, nothing for the early A bodys.
It would be neet it they would repop them, but then they too would need a pair of tabs to copy to reproduce.

I'm glad you chimed in hemi71x......... You at least set me and other's straight on the fitment issue's, and for that, it will help alot of folk's out. Thank's, Dodge33

As with all the stuff you sell, those are damned nice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260884388381?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Dusterdan
I have this pair of sway bar tabbed 1965-72 lower control arms for sale.
I rebuild Mopar front suspension, and brake parts, as a side line business
for my income these days.
I have a feeling that they are out of your price range, from your earlier posting, but i have posted, for your consideration anyway.

I have used the Hotchkis parts for the other body style LCA's in the past, and they are nice reproduction parts.
Would be nice, if they can step up to the plate, and repop them for the early A body's too.

Anyway, this posting will keep your posting going, by bringing it back to the top.
Jim V.

Thanks everybody for the offers, information, and website links i sure do appreciate it! This sure is a wonderful community! Found a set for $45 shipped going to take em, thanks again to all! -Dan

Was that for the just the tabs ?

I need a pair for my 64 dart, but it has brakes from a 73 so I am not sure what LCA's I have or if it matters.

Was that for the just the tabs ?

I need a pair for my 64 dart, but it has brakes from a 73 so I am not sure what LCA's I have or if it matters.

Depends on what sway bar you have. 72 back tabs are located in a different location as 73 up because the sway bars are different.

so you need tabs and a sway bar...stick with the 64' sway bar design as you can weld 73+ tabs where you want them to make the 64' sway bar mount properly. DO NOT USE A 73+ SWAY BAR AS YOUR K-MEMBER IS DIFFERENT. Hope this helps...so:
1)73+ sway bar tabs
2)64 style sway bar
3)weld tabs to make 64 bar work

Now, correct me if i'm wrong here, but there was no such thing as a sway bar on the 64 A body cars.
1965 was the first year that sway bars were installed on the A bodies.
The only factory sway bar that will fit and work on a 64, is one from a 65 or 66, since those cars were "narrower" than the 67 on up cars.
65 66 A body sway bars, are pretty hard to find now-a-days.

If you want to install a factory sway bar on a 65-72 A body car, or for that matter a 64 and earlier car, you need to have lower control arms that look like this, with the mount tabs welded on the outboard, lower side of the arms.
There are three different sway bars for the A body line of cars.
65-66
67-72
73-76

Attachments

• LCA's 5 Pairs 037 (Small).JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 272
The first picture is of the swaybar on my 63 dart
after that the pictures are of the LCA on my 64 dart

Attachments

• IMAG0208.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMAG0209.jpg