-
Status
Not open for further replies.

SiKota

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
i am looking for just the rear housing from an A-BODY. im wanting to narrow it for a custom job i got please let me know if anyone has anything. thanks

a-body 8 3/4 housings are hard to come by and are expensive 4-600. If your cutting it to narrow why not use a readily available c-body or truck 8 3/4 housing. Bone yard normally has them for $150? And depending you can cut the c-body axles as well. IMHO

depends how much you want to narrow it. I got one a c-body one that was cut down to a-body size and they warped the ends. if you going to narrow it a lot it might work. You can have it if you want. its just sitting in my garage. down fall is pick up only :/

I have an empty for 400,or I have B's C's pickup's guess it just depends on what you want.

I've never seen one (passenger A, B, E 8 3/4 rear end) in the u pull it yards - been going on a regular basis since the early - mid nineties. did almost buy one out of a 66 Dodge Van last year, but passed figured no one would have bought it. Entire drivetrain went to scrap - complete 273 2v engine, three speed trans and 741 cased 8 3/4 rear end.

I've pulled two 8 3/4's out of early (65-69) C bodies at the u pull it yards around here, and passed on a couple more. They're 56.75" from flange to flange, which makes them only a 1/4" wider than an E body.

Not much use for an A body, but they'd be great to shorten. Or throw in an E or 71+ B body.

Why buy an A body housing to shorten it? You are going to pay up for a somewhat scarce item, just to change it and devalue it. You wouldn't be able to tell a shortened A rear from a shortened BCE rear once done.

I have some housings here that I'd sell for $75 that would be good for shortening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back