-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nash Stanton

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a Carter AVS 440 carb that is in good shape/could just need a rebuild and go.

Specifically, I think the part numbers are:

4740S (ECS)
4738S (CAS)

Ive got a rebuilt one. PM if interested.

Jake

I have a
4640s 1969 440 HP Auto 750 cfm for $150 or
4966s 1971 440 Auto 630 cfm $80.

Last edited:
I have two, but not your numbers. 4401S, 4429S. PM if interested.

1970 440 HP auto transmission.

Thanks. Any 750 CFM that can work for auto will work and divorced choke will work. This is for a '70 340...doing the "look stock and go fast" easy 440 AVS upgrade. :)

Assuming that a 750 AVS should just bolt right up, is my understanding correct?

I'll get back to some of you that have posted. I'm currently working with someone on this forum who sending some pics later today.

I'm not sure they will bolt onto a 70 340 intake. The primary butterflies are the same size as the secondary butterflies on a 750 cfm AVS.

Hmmm. Well it supposedly was a popular thing to do in the day. I wonder what the actual measurement of the intake primary bores are...I would be shocked if it didn't work...then I would wonder how exactly it became a popular thing to do if it didn't work?

I can possibly mock up one of my 4640s on one of my 340 intakes. It's raining right now, but I may get out after dinner.

I can possibly mock up one of my 4640s on one of my 340 intakes. It's raining right now, but I may get out after dinner.

That would be awesome. I'm being told that I'm overthinking it, and that it will work and it's a proven way for more ponies if you're up for an evening of tuning! Much appreciated if so.

Without a gasket the primaries won't open, but with a gasket they will. I put the '69 carb on my 1970 intake (my '68 intake is harder to get to right now). To get the full benefit of the larger primaries I would recommend opening up the holes in the intake, though.

Thanks Jim, hell of appreciated.

I'm running a 1/2" insulator gasket in order to minimize heat-soak issues. Sounds like those butter flies should open without a doubt..

Sounds like the bolt threading is even the same...

Good point about intake primaries. Curious to see her run as is with 3.73 gearing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back