Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldfish 65

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello again fellow Mopar folk,

I'm trying to find a good used 4bbl intake manifold for my 65 'cuda. it's a 273 w/ auto trans. Preferably an offy or an edelbrock. If you have the carb and kickdown linkage, that would be a bonus! If anyone knows the "old" manifold part numbers, they would be useful in my search as well. I think the Mopar part # is 2465726.

I believe that Summit has the Offy 6022-dp that fits for almost $400, but that money just isn't in the budget right now! I have many nice leftover 65 cuda pieces to trade as well. These include: a good set of 4 13" wheels w/ covers and tires, a steering wheel, the antenna bezel,and a working factory AM radio amongst other little bits. I am located in Syracuse NY.
Thanks- Roger

I have an original Commando 4 barrel, dated 65....or are u looking just for aftermarket? I think I have a 66 Dart 4 barrel carb as well....I'll check and get back to you...Pat

This is off subject but I have a 66 cuda which I bought and striped it down. I wish I hadn't disassembled everything but I did. I want to put disc brakes definetely on the front. I found a 77 Volare in a junk yard close to the house with discs and was wandering if anyone could tell me if they would fit? I have so many parts for this car two rear glasses to heater boxes but nothing I need. Can't find anything aftermarket for this thing. But it was too affordable. Thanks, Justin

I have an original Commando 4 barrel, dated 65....or are u looking just for aftermarket? I think I have a 66 Dart 4 barrel carb as well....I'll check and get back to you...Pat

Damn. Now You have me thinking. Old school mopar or aftermarket? The 4 bbl commando intake would be neat to put on the old gal, but i understand the offy and eddy versions both flow better! Please let me know what you have. Pics and part/ casting #'s help too. Thanks a bunch!

Here's the pics of what i have....Pat

Attachments

• 65 Manifold.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 253
  • 65 Manifold 2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 234
  • carb.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 223
  • carb 2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 220
This is off subject but I have a 66 cuda which I bought and striped it down. I wish I hadn't disassembled everything but I did. I want to put disc brakes definetely on the front. I found a 77 Volare in a junk yard close to the house with discs and was wandering if anyone could tell me if they would fit? I have so many parts for this car two rear glasses to heater boxes but nothing I need. Can't find anything aftermarket for this thing. But it was too affordable. Thanks, Justin
nope.....spindles are wrong.

Hello again fellow Mopar folk,

I'm trying to find a good used 4bbl intake manifold for my 65 'cuda. it's a 273 w/ auto trans. Preferably an offy or an edelbrock. If you have the carb and kickdown linkage, that would be a bonus! If anyone knows the "old" manifold part numbers, they would be useful in my search as well. I think the Mopar part # is 2465726.

I believe that Summit has the Offy 6022-dp that fits for almost $400, but that money just isn't in the budget right now! I have many nice leftover 65 cuda pieces to trade as well. These include: a good set of 4 13" wheels w/ covers and tires, a steering wheel, the antenna bezel,and a working factory AM radio amongst other little bits. I am located in Syracuse NY.
Thanks- Roger

PM sent about stock intake with rebuilt carb...

Hello again.

Ok so far! I've had some intriguing leads...
I am hoping someone is willing to part with:

-Edelbrock D4B (not LD4B)

-Offy 6022 dp (or 5699)

-Mopar #24655726

These are four barrel intakes that should fit my 65 barracuda. Mine is the 273 w/auto trans. If anyone has info or #'s about others that would fit, please advise!

Thanks again!

If I am not mistaken, the 273 '66 4 bbl iron manifold will work also #2466726, one number off. I went with a edelbrock carb.

The 64 and 65 used 5/16" bolt holes which are angled different from everything 66 and later. The 66 manifold went to 3/8" bolt holes at the newer, different angle. You can modify to fit but it's a bit crude.

64-65-66 are the same - it's the 67 intake that has the large bolts/holes...

sorry...I was wrong....looked up part #'s on the head's....haven't looked at my intakes....did they make a 4bl 24# - 25# and I think my nos one is a 27#....had three different one's at one time....(I thought)....could be wrong....so correct me.....please:banghead:

sorry...I was wrong....looked up part #'s on the head's....haven't looked at my intakes....did they make a 4bl 24# - 25# and I think my nos one is a 27#....had three different one's at one time....(I thought)....could be wrong....so correct me.....please:banghead:
The '65 273 4bbl. intake is 2465726....The '66-7 intake is 2536563 and if the car came with the C.A.P. it was 2536771. I was always curious why the first 340 intake manifold has an earlier casting number (2531915) than the '66 273 intake, Were they playing around with that intake a couple of years before it was introduced? The only intake I remember seeing that started with 27 is the 426 hemi intake. Do you have the full number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back