-
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunmetal1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I live in Northern Indiana and am looking for an inexpensive 360 that I can refresh. LA type. I've never built a motor by myself; looking for a challenge. Prefer out of a running car but am open to anything that wouldn't cost thousands to rebuild.

Anyone got something laying around your willing to part with?

not trying to rain on ur parade but the words inexpensive dosent really come before the words 360 small block anymore

Good point, with my cover as a expert blown what is a good price for a decent motor. Do you think I could find one in a junk yard, seem junk yards around here don't have anything older than 1990.

Suggestions?

Got This if you want to build one The machine work is done over $400. in machine work (.30 over) ,cleaning and plugged.. Ready to build. I'll throw in a set of heads crank and an intake. and what ever I can find you might need. $600.

Attachments

• engine1.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 188
  • engine2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 145
If you would consider a nice built 318? I have one less that 1000 miles on it, 340 grind purple cam, 360 heads big valves milled to get 9.5:1 CR, stock rockers, Performer RPM intake, edelbrock 1405 600cfm carb, chrome valve covers. will throw in stock distributor. It was estimated over 325HP when I bought it. I have video if interested. In Northern IL
$750

I have a 340 now I want something I can learn on and increase HP with the current motor still in the car. Car runs fine now dyno'ed at 227 at the wheels. Wish I could build a 408 stroker but money won't allow that to happen.

Thanks any way but the 318 is not what I'm looking for. Good luck finding a home for it.......

I have a rebuilt 72 360 for sale. 600 miles on rebuild. Complete minus distributor and carb. Let me know if you want more info. Located in Maryland. $1300

Don't have a clue on shipping.. Do a little research it'll be coming from 03281 NH . I'm guessing $150. Might be able to leap frog it member to member..>>>>> thats a thought...

For the disassembled engine, crated, it's probably closer to $300 from New Hampshire and will have to go truck freight. I've got 360s but the shipping makes it not worth it. Find one locally. It shouldnt be hard. If you're spending $2-300 on price, and another 2-300 on shipping, find a nice running 360 locally for $700 an you're still getting a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back