Status
Not open for further replies.

dusterdan

Sublime Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Contact seller
hi there, recently purchased a 73 power steering box and pump for my 70 manual steering duster. i don't want to swap columns and i understand the shaft is longer in a manual steering car. Instead of cutting mine, i would like to purchase JUST THE STEERING SHAFT (will be cheaper to ship as i don't need an entire column) from ANY a-body with power steering from 73-76. let me know what you have, thanks!

You mat fins yourself looking for a pitman arm that was never made.
Do the research. Good luck

just use the 73 pitman arm..the 72 is smaller dia at the shaft where it connects to the box..73 is larger dia..j

iv got one for sale,comes with column with all switches.plus steering adapter.pm me if interested 50, plus shipping..from cal..j

just use the 73 pitman arm..the 72 is smaller dia at the shaft where it connects to the box..73 is larger dia..j

Not to hijack but educate me.
I have a 73 duster with PS.
I bought a column out of a manual 73 and a manual box out of a 72.
How much problem am I going to have with the pitman arm???

This is for the OP...

You'll have plenty of problem using the 73 pitman arm with a 67-72 centerlink, they aren't compatible.

If using the 73 pitman, you need to get the 73-76 centerlink and idler arm.

PSSSSSSTTTT.... you can extend/shorten the steering shaft you currently have.

cracked back...i'm extremely interested in what you're saying but i don't quite follow. so what will i need to buy to use this 73+ box and pump in my 70' duster? pm me if you can that'd be great! thanks, -Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back