Not open for further replies.

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Contact seller
So I have been thinking about this for a while now. Currently my daily driver is my 01 F150. Great truck, crewcab, 2wd and not one issue with it. My mileage is about 22 mpg. I drive to college every day, round trip is an 1 1/2. I cant live without a truck, I am constantly doing renos on the house and stuff with my cuda. Once you have a truck ya always gotta have one. So I am thinking that I would love to get a daily driver possibly a mopar with a /6. Then as well I would buy an older truck(fargo, d200). My reasoning is that I can do work on the older vehicles, but with the newer ones I'm screwed. Plus if I get a new daily driver, hopefully it will get better MPG than my F150. Any ideas guys??

Thanks
4spdragtop

Well if you want a Mopar truck with decent gas mileage I'd say get an old 318 d100 in good shape and maybe rebuild the engine/swap in something more efficient (higher compression, tuned well, etc.). Built right a warmed-over 318 should give plenty of power and get 20+ MPG with proper gearing. Definitely get something with overdrive though, trucks usually need at least 3.55s in the rear to be of any use hauling/towing and those make for higher than nominal RPMs on the highway without OD.

If you are keeping the F150 and want a car then get a /6 or 318 A-body, can't go wrong with those. OR if you don't mind FWD and 4-bangers you could find an old '80s Turbo Daytona or similar (my personal choice for a high-MPG car). If you want gas mileage but still want to have some fun a turbo 2.2/2.5 is the way to go.

So I have been thinking about this for a while now. Currently my daily driver is my 01 F150. Great truck, crewcab, 2wd and not one issue with it. My mileage is about 22 mpg. I drive to college every day, round trip is an 1 1/2. I cant live without a truck, I am constantly doing renos on the house and stuff with my cuda. Once you have a truck ya always gotta have one. So I am thinking that I would love to get a daily driver possibly a mopar with a /6. Then as well I would buy an older truck(fargo, d200). My reasoning is that I can do work on the older vehicles, but with the newer ones I'm screwed. Plus if I get a new daily driver, hopefully it will get better MPG than my F150. Any ideas guys??

Thanks
4spdragtop

ByFD9ImkKGrHqIOKiIEwPnZw5JsBMQOGmpn9_12.jpg

Thanks
4spdragtop

22 in a truck aint bad. my gas guzzlin 4.7 ram quad gets a startling 13 to 14 average. it sucks.

Good luck finding anything besides a feather duster that will better 22mpg realistically. The 225 in my Dart would do about 18mpg mixed normal driving, and the Duster with the 318 gets from 11 to 17 depending on how I drive. But the 17mpg is still mixed driving, just driving sensibly.

Buddy of mine says

Women are like cummins diesels
you know you need to change them when they get noisy up top and loose in the bottom!

pete

Bite me! LOL

I like the idea of a D-100. With a 318, it will likely have better fuel mileage than a slant6. Plus, you upgrade wheels, and things easily as you decide.

Thats what I was thinkin', I am not looking for another project, but something that I could do upgrades too a little at a time. Its going to be used probably more for the diy renos and putting some car parts in. In all reality a slant sick a body would be the daily driver and the truck used when need be.

What could I realistically get for MPG with a slant 6 whether in an older truck or an a-body? As black bomber said it would be sensible driving.

What could I realistically get for MPG with a slant 6 whether in an older truck or an a-body? As black bomber said it would be sensible driving.

got a nice 02 ram 4.7 5 speed gets about 18 /22 hwy 3800.00 obo a 2000 ram 1500 with 80000 miles loaded with all clean black tk 17x9 indy pace wheels 5.2 17 /20 hwy 6000. obo mike what about my 67 dart gt ragtop

I started to commute 2 years ago(an hour round trip) was driving full size chev p/u. Found a mazda (ranger) ext. cab,4-banger lady owned 323,000 km for 1500 bucks, put a clutch in it and have been saving $50 a week since. My 4 kids fit in it when needed,it,s had a lot of firewood in it going down the qew many times,fun to drive and it's black with cool wheels.I did the a-body thing (69 dart fresh / and 1975 suspension upgrade,ignition,paint etc)drove it everywhere all the time. We live in canadian winters 1 berrel holley's don't let you start and run back in the house. miliage aint great, defrost, squirters, heat, rear window isn't like 90s car with run back in the house fuel inj. The worst thing was all we did was destroy a good straight dart to canadian winter.

67 Dart? 4dr, \6. Does need frt pans(which I will include). I'll also throw in the electronic ign kit I have for it. $1200 sound fair? Also needs a new master cylinder(I have another to go with it). Interested?

I use this like a truck:toothy10: probably 4to5 hundred pounds of mopar parts inside it in this pic to go to a swap meet,great mileage,looks great and goes like a bat out of hell:-D

Hatchback eh?? Load it up and bungy cord it shut LOL!! Im commuting back and forth to school and 2 possibly 3 people rely on me for transportation, so the roomier the better...with sensible MPG of course. Oh ya all my riders are women too!! Life can be good sometimes!!:smilebox: Its times like these when I love the bumpy roads!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back