-
Status
Not open for further replies.

2nd Dart 67

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello everyone. I'm in need of a set of motor mounts for my 340. It will be going into a 70 dart that previously had a 318. I have the 318 mounts but don't believe they are correct size.

Thanks.

You need an A-body 340 only specific driver's side engine bracket. I
believe you can use your stock 318 A mount for the passenger side. Maybe someone else will chime in with more knowledgeable information.

They are so close, unless you are doing a resto, you're better off just spacing the one bolt of the 318 brackets you already have.

The spacer trick only works on 318 to 340 B/E body mounts. The left 318 A body mount is missing an ear. And yes, you only need the left side. The right is the same.

Here's what it looks like if you try to put a left 318 mount on a 340 or 360:
318on340.jpg

318on3401.jpg

here's the 340-360 mount
340mount.jpg

If the drivers side bracket has the top ear, you can shim it, if not you'll be cutting/welding to make it work.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

I'd rather find one that can just be bolted in. Does anyone have an extra for sale?

Also when I pulled the 318 out there were no rubber "mounts" between the engine mount and the K-frame, It was just solid. Should I purchase the rubber or go Solid style?

Just a street car with very minimal track time.

Call schumaker and it's about $75 + ship, IIRC.

I can fab your current one for $40 + $6 shipping back to you. Cost about $6 to get it here in a flat rate box.

Yes. On a street driver you want rubber. Schumachers make a firmer mount but if you want cheap, the stock replacement rubber mounts are only $5 each at Advance/Autozone (although you might get some discussion here about them being failure prone under extreme conditions) BTW, 318 rubbers are the same if they are good (although I just edited this when I read you had solid mounts).

Also, you posted this earlier:
Bump for anyone selling motor mounts!!! I need passenger side for 340
Passenger side is the same! You need DRIVER side!

Yes. On a street driver you want rubber. Schumachers make a firmer mount but if you want cheap, the stock replacement rubber mounts are only $5 each at Advance/Autozone (although you might get some discussion here about them being failure prone under extreme conditions) BTW, 318 rubbers are the same if they are good (although I just edited this when I read you had solid mounts).

Also, you posted this earlier:
Bump for anyone selling motor mounts!!! I need passenger side for 340
Passenger side is the same! You need DRIVER side!

Thanks for clearing that up. I think I'll just call and get the kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back