-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonbat13

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a half decent LA 318 to put in my dart to get it moving under its own power until I can build a better engine. I dont want to use a magnum engine if possible.

What I plan on doing is slamming in some crank bearings, a gasket set, knock the glaze off of the cylinder walls and install new rings, and install some sort of cam for some performance idle. Something like a whiplash cam.

Dont want to pay alot since I really need the money for other stuff for the car.

I also MAY have something to trade, I dont know what all I still have but I can look. Its been quite a few years since I looked for mopar parts on the farm.

I live in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I really dont want to travel over two hundred miles to pick up a 318, but will if I have to. I do travel to patterson every two weeks and could pick something up pretty much anywhere in between morgan city and lake charles.

Thanks

RustyRatRod has a newly rebuilt 318 for sale, located in Middle Ga. The engine base is an "LA" with Magnum heads.

I have a nice one for sale in the for sale section. Already a hot 318. I sure would appreciate your consideration.

Damn Rob, it takes three links across other sites and more to get to the details of this engine. If you want to sell it you might get more action if you were to make a real for sale ad here on FABO. Where is it in Georgia and what is the price?

Damn Rob, it takes three links across other sites and more to get to the details of this engine. If you want to sell it you might get more action if you were to make a real for sale ad here on FABO. Where is it in Georgia and what is the price?

Yeah. I guess I just need to redo a whole nuther ad if the mods will let me. It's in middle Georgia (Macon) and the askin price is 2K but very negotiable.

Link to new ad:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1969984238#post1969984238

I cant imagine living somewhere that you couldn't find a 318 in a local salvage yard... Is this really the case in some areas? I was in a local u-pull-it yesterday and walked by several 318 and couple 360's.. So if your willing to make the drive to Texarkana you have some options..

It sure as heck is. You know why? Think about it. When was the last 5.2 made? LAte 90s? Early 2000s? They're all gettin crushed. Don't even think about anything from the 80s back.

It sure as heck is. You know why? Think about it. When was the last 5.2 made? LAte 90s? Early 2000s? They're all gettin crushed. Don't even think about anything from the 80s back.

Well for the time being they are plentiful around here. But this is Texas and everybody has at least one truck around here so v-8 trucks are all over the scrap yards. Heck I even walked by a big C-body with a 2bbl 400 in it.. Looked like a low mileage running car...

Here is the problem with the 318 around here. They are still in the trucks. And people want too much for a truck that is only worth the engine and tranny. On top of that, I really dont have the means to move a whole truck around to bring it up to my farm, strip it and scrap it. That is going to be something that I am going to work on though.

as far as the scrap yards, they think they have a 318 made out of gold. Any engine around lake charles that is worth rebuilding and complete, they give a standard price of 500 dollars. I am not paying that much for a 318, I may as well find a 360.

And dont even bring up 360. Then you mind as well walk in expecting to pay for a Viper motor.

Here is the problem with the 318 around here. They are still in the trucks. And people want too much for a truck that is only worth the engine and tranny. On top of that, I really dont have the means to move a whole truck around to bring it up to my farm, strip it and scrap it. That is going to be something that I am going to work on though.

as far as the scrap yards, they think they have a 318 made out of gold. Any engine around lake charles that is worth rebuilding and complete, they give a standard price of 500 dollars. I am not paying that much for a 318, I may as well find a 360.

And dont even bring up 360. Then you mind as well walk in expecting to pay for a Viper motor.

That's crazy.. Our local U-Pull-it sells all engines for $159.00... But you have to pull it yourself and by the time you drive up here $$$$ .. But they actually have some nice lifts made out there that would make it real easy to pull an engine.. Like I said I know of several 318 and 360's and at least one BB if you want to head up this way.. I'm about an hour north of Shreveport..

I am not sure they have a u pull it in lake charles. I think they have one in baton rouge and maybe lafayette. Those would be closer. But I would make a trip up there to buy a few engines.

I am not sure they have a u pull it in lake charles. I think they have one in baton rouge and maybe lafayette. Those would be closer. But I would make a trip up there to buy a few engines.

You may check Alexandria. They have one just north of town on I-49...

That's crazy.. Our local U-Pull-it sells all engines for $159.00... But you have to pull it yourself and by the time you drive up here $$$$ .. But they actually have some nice lifts made out there that would make it real easy to pull an engine.. Like I said I know of several 318 and 360's and at least one BB if you want to head up this way.. I'm about an hour north of Shreveport..

must be nice, if you can't find what you want cheap around here private sale you may as well forget about it because junkyards want a starting price of $500 for a 318, seen one on a junkyard listing for $1500....

lucky I know people or else the car thing wouldn't be for me

this is the one in the 75 dart sport. was still largely complete last sunday.
$199.99 plus core. (thats what the yard charges)

Attachments

• 100_2623.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_2666.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Picture 008.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 132
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back