-

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
Looking to buy or trade a nice uncut 65 valiant hood. I had cut my original hood for a carb hat cause it wouldn’t fit. Wish I hadn’t. Anyone thinking of cutting up an original hood for a scoop? I’d love to trade, or will just buy a nice hood. Will meet anywhere in Washington, Oregon or Idaho.

IMG_4448.jpeg

IMG_4449.jpeg

IMG_4451.jpeg

IMG_4452.jpeg

Would a 65 Barracuda hood work?
I don’t know for sure, but I think not. I can’t think of where the hood release is on the barracuda… the 65 valiant has the hood release in the center of the hood under the “Plymouth” trim.

IMG_4560.jpeg

1964, 1965 barracuda, and 1965 Valiant same hood. 1964 Valiant only difference is the hood latch mechanism. 1964 Valiant does not have the hole in the front edge of the hood for the latch, but that can be "cut" in. 1965 Valiant, and 64-65 Barracuda have the hole which can be covered with the 1964 "emblem" to use that hood on a 1964 Valiant. The hood release mechanisms must match the respective vehicle that the hood is being used on.
PS: You must also us the correct hood ornament for the year/model vehicle.

I don’t know for sure, but I think not. I can’t think of where the hood release is on the barracuda… the 65 valiant has the hood release in the center of the hood under the “Plymouth” trim.
The release is a little round lever, right in the front. Then there's the usual secondary release. I'll go get some pics in a bit, it's actually not raining today so it's easy to get to.

The release is a little round lever, right in the front. Then there's the usual secondary release. I'll go get some pics in a bit, it's actually not raining today so it's easy to get to.
64 Valiant has the round lever under the front lip of the hood. 64 and 65 Barracuda have a paddle type lever that goes through a hole in the front edge of the hood, as does the 65 Valiant.

Good analysis. Had access to a '64 valiant up until about three years ago, then whole car went to scrap. Too far from the buyers, and then shipping went sideways when the Bus stopped accepting third party freight. This hood would have been at about their former upper limit for size.
BTW what does Wildcat get for one of those hoods these days? Any left?? Given the cost of not only the parts, but the cost to move bigger parts, maybe have a Metal Guy fix your hood?

Last edited:
64 Valiant has the round lever under the front lip of the hood. 64 and 65 Barracuda have a paddle type lever that goes through a hole in the front edge of the hood, as does the 65 Valiant.

Correct, I had my hoods mixed up. My 65 hood has the paddle style release lever.

-
Back