WTF did I do?

-

kittypancake

Reaction score
Okay...trying to do a KH 4 piston swap and all the bushings. When I installed the UCA's in what I thought was the original position the ball joint wasn't even close to the spindle. When I swapped it to the other side the ball joint lines up, but it's at a crazy angle and I'm 99% sure this ISN'T correct...what the hell did I do wrong?

UCA area, circled in red, goes over the rubber bump stop, in the inner fender area.

UCA's Mounting (Small).jpg

Did you also replace the upper ball joints, along with this changeover? and bend the "f" out of the UCA's?

This thread is worthless 2.jpg

Upper arm has a wide side to land on the bump stop so they are left/right specific. Unless yours are bent/twisted, I just don't know.

Upper arm has a wide side to land on the bump stop so they are left/right specific. Unless yours are bent/twisted, I just don't know.
no help here, just wanted to say, you screen name reminds me of Jim Pancake---- superstock A HOT ROD.

Did you get the bj in straight and seated? Here's a '69 assembly top view, arrow points foward............
69BarrDrumArms2.jpg

no help here, just wanted to say, you screen name reminds me of Jim Pancake---- superstock A HOT ROD.
KITTYPANCAKE came from a song about the guy who has to scrape dead animals off the road...I thought it was funny

So...at my first opportunity I will take pics....they are the same UCA's that came on the car... I'm flabbergasted

The OP has already stated, in post #1, that he is installing the KH 4 Piston system.
I know, but I asked as it appears he's changing the control arms too which I am not certain why? In fact if he's putting later arms on the car the ball joint stud wouldn't even go through the the knuckle... .? Early upper arms are the same for both drum and disc. Also, is he using the lower disc brake ball joint? Maybe this is the source of all his grief. Just trying to eliminate even the obvious as mistakes.

-
Back