wtf

-

iggys68dart

Reaction score
just went to store and car died at light after turning over a few times it fired up and would idle high then drops way down and dies unless i pump accelerator just changed plugs checked out carb and i was thinking timing but car ran great till tonite any ideas i got all night to work on it as it has to get me home in am

just went to store and car died at light after turning over a few times it fired up and would idle high then drops way down and dies unless i pump accelerator just changed plugs checked out carb and i was thinking timing but car ran great till tonite any ideas i got all night to work on it as it has to get me home in am

Sounds like your running out of gas, did you check the fuel pump??

funny you should say that i ran out yeterday i have inline clear filter and it looks good but i will clean it out like i was saying i had his thing purring 1 pop on the starter and it was firing right up

Kind of sounds like some "gunk" got pulled up the fuel line.
Check filter out & make sure the carb is shooting a steady stream.

funny you should say that i ran out yeterday i have inline clear filter and it looks good but i will clean it out like i was saying i had his thing purring 1 pop on the starter and it was firing right up

A lot of times when you run one out of gas it will suck up all the trash and drugs out of your gas tank... I'd start with a filter change..

filter clean as far as carb performance i dont have no light to really look at it well so i just cleaned filter and it fired up went to high idle then went low again i reckon i will try to find a decent flashlight and check bowls and i just ordered spotlight on ebay lol

filter clean as far as carb performance i dont have no light to really look at it well so i just cleaned filter and it fired up went to high idle then went low again i reckon i will try to find a decent flashlight and check bowls and i just ordered spotlight on ebay lol

May have sucked a bunch moisture/water out of your tank when you ran it out of gas, I'd pour 2 bottles of "heet" in it and fill the tank atleast half full of gas.. wal-mart and any parts store should have the heet in the yellow bottle..

will do wallyworld is open 24hour so i will grab some on the way home at 5 will post results tommorow thanks again for all input

opened front bowl drained crap out fired it up ran great but pinched o ring leading to back bowl leaking gas all over intake reckon i will have to walk to napa 1/4 mile away from where im at get o ring in morning lol o well win some lose some but i am learning

opened front bowl drained crap out fired it up ran great but pinched o ring leading to back bowl leaking gas all over intake reckon i will have to walk to napa 1/4 mile away from where im at get o ring in morning lol o well win some lose some but i am learning

If that mr. gasket filter is the one I'm thinking about it doesn't catch crap as far as filtering, just don't catch it on fire....

-
Back