Wut'n'ell is the intake centerline on a P4120231

-
Jarrod called earlier, said he got it running, and it really pulls, he says, nothing like it ever did.

My "guess" in the advance adjustment resulted in 18--20 intitial, 34-35 total for now.

This was purely a stab in the dark "gut feeling" adjustment and I can't believe I've passed up Mopar conversion distributors "Not knowing" some of them were adjustable.

104* will treat you rite. Straight up you will want to drive it into a river.

While its true about sometimes advancing some of these purpleshaft cams up to 10* to get them to run good, the truth in that pudding is not enough gear and or mismatched combos.
If you have to advance a cam more than 5-6* to get it to run strong, than you have the wrong cam to begin with.
Also, since I've run 10* cam advance before, it will rip tires if you even breathe on the throttle, but it will also run out of breath before you know it and will get about 8 mpg if ur lucky.
IME mopar usually recommended 2* advance with their cams, hence why people and charts say stick that 231 cam in a 106*...I'd run about 4* advance in a typical close to appropriate combo.

i just want to give a huge thanks to DEL aka 67dart273, and Crackedback, you 2 gentleman made a very big man happy with the help and your wisdom again THANK YOU, this motor has never run this strong, now i want bigger and badder!!!!!!!!

-
Back