WW pivot clip

-

Mikes270dart

Reaction score
what clip holds this arm on the pivot and does anyone have one.

DSC_0091.JPG

There were a few different styles used over the years...

It's a 1974 Dart Sport if that helps

Some had brass bushings with felt rings over them to deaden sound and then used a metal "tang" style clip on top to keep them from coming apart...

Others used a black plastic square shaped piece that the other linkage snapped onto...

Are there any clips on the opposite side of the wiper linkages that you can look at to see what style it is...

I bet @whitepunkonnitro may have some.... He may be tied up at Carlisle this weekend...

What speed of wiper too Mike? Im not sure if it makes a difference or not. I got black plastic ones here.

Dorman 49440 available most anywhere.
Put a pin hole in the top of them before you install them and they will go on easier.
Lets the air escape.
A little grease put them in their arm and squeeze them onto the studs.

Upon further investigation I found the remnants of a yellow plastic cup, I quess that is what holds it on

Dorman 49440 available most anywhere.
Put a pin hole in the top of them before you install them and they will go on easier.
Lets the air escape.
A little grease put them in their arm and squeeze them onto the studs.
This ^^^^.... just did one of my Dusters, and just did my Dad's '82 truck. Local auto parts store should have them....

I think this site is "the best" for general MOPAR knowledge and help.
For example, and on a related note, I have a 67 B body.
I just found out the car has a variable speed motor and a 2 speed switch.
Knowing the car and history, I was willing to bet it came from the factory like that.
WTF?
Does that even work?
It must have at one time.
It sure doesn't match the factory schematics so I'm lost till I can dissect it.
I just found Redfish's post number 3 here and gave him a like.
But can't reply to alert him. It's an old thread.
Now all I need to do is figure out how it's wired.
I've got the switch in front of me and working on it.
Wtb: 1967 variable speed wiper motor

A 74 model might have something different at the linkage to pitman arm only and 2 speed or 3 speed did vary there for some year models. Your other 3 connections to wiper pivots are white plastic sockets for a ball end stud. Most any part store could have them on there HELP line, in a package of 3 if my memory serves. The first/most force transmission is pitman to left pivot so that socket bushing at left pivot is the most common first failure. Replacing all 3 while in under there is the best plan? That explains package of 3? Makes sense to me.
How long the new bushings will last compared to the originals? I wont go into all that here. Just know that these Chrysler products are of the very very few who have serviceable/renewable linkage bushings. Most mfgr's replace pivots, linkage and all for good reason. Good luck with yours.

Well that was no fun. couldn't get the dorman part here at the local parts store so I went to Chrysler and bought them there, same price. while trying to put the bushing on the connecting arm for the right side wiper the other side let go. replace both bushings. the right was fairly easy to put on the pivot, but the left required the seat to come out, but it is done

DSC_0096.JPG

DSC_0097.JPG

-
Back