WWP Paint Code

-
1964 and early 65 cars assembled up to mid October 1964. Right lower corner was PNT. P for roof, N for body and T for upper door frame or paint insert on side mouldings.

If you just read that part.

As usual... 64's are this general gap in information available. PNT versus PAINT...

And this is not mine but one I found online associated with a B body.

Screenshot 2022-09-01 180134.jpg

So it appears I have a year model that sinks into the abyss trying to decode? lol At least it does have the partial matching SO number stamped on the body so I know it's correct. lol

So it appears I have a year model that sinks into the abyss trying to decode? lol At least it does have the partial matching SO number stamped on the body so I know it's correct. lol

I'm right there with you ...

Every repro product is 60-63...... 66 - 69.

The paint code is a conundrum (for what it's worth, I think all white exterior, red inside upper door frame).
I say paint it whatever the heck you want, tag be damned.

'64 dealer book lists a two tone as extra cost on the V-200, not sure if the paint chips are the optional colors for it or just interior door uppers but lists a ruby red for P. Order code 282, $15.70 option

64_Ply_Val_Models_Equip_Pricing_0029.jpg

64_Plymouth_CT0001.jpg

64_Ply_Val_Models_Equip_Pricing_0033.jpg

As usual... 64's are this general gap in information available. PNT versus PAINT...

And this is not mine but one I found online associated with a B body.

View attachment 1715979374

Kinda hard to read but looks like the more traditional format of DD1- blue body and top, 1 color.

Last edited:
Not an A but I have a 64 Savoy for sure unmolested before I got a hold of it. It has the code WW1 and is all white ext. with red upper door trim.

The P is for the upper door frames and P is ruby red for Plymouth, they did this to make the transition for the red interior. My 63 valiant wagon is PPP.

The P is for the upper door frames and P is ruby red for Plymouth, they did this to make the transition for the red interior. My 63 valiant wagon is PPP.
Good thing they did not use a paint code “K”!
:lol::mob:

So did anyone ever come up with something concrete here?

WWP = White Roof, White Body, Red Side Sweeps which is the underside (below the roof trim) and I would believe the inner parts of the door jambs to make the transition to the red interior. If the car had a white interior, it would be WWW. White is one of the exterior colors that almost any interior color would work. My info comes from Galen Govier 62-65 production option code book aka Little White Books.

This reminds me of back in the 90s I had a lot of 68-9 Roadrunners. I had two black exterior cars, one came factory with green interior and the other one blue! Odd ducks for sure. These were original cars and fender tag proved it.

One thing to always remember on any of the old cars. The upper dash is always duller finish as in a satin sorta and many times a somewhat textured finish. The inside of doors are gloss. But just as in a black interior, there are many shades of black between the upholstry and the finish on all the metal plus that around the headliner, package tray. etc.

What really stands out as NOT right is when a guy does ALL the interior in the same shade if a one color interior.

WWP = White Roof, White Body, Red Side Sweeps which is the underside (below the roof trim) and I would believe the inner parts of the door jambs to make the transition to the red interior. If the car had a white interior, it would be WWW. White is one of the exterior colors that almost any interior color would work. My info comes from Galen Govier 62-65 production option code book aka Little White Books.
Thanks. I'm unclear on what "side sweeps" are.

Thanks. I'm unclear on what "side sweeps" are.
The underside of the roof that's exposed when you open the door it's to make the transition in your case from the white exterior to the red interion also it extends into the door jambs. Maybe someone else has a picture of it.

-
Back