Not open for further replies.

JoeSBP

RLTW!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I know it's a longshot, but figured I would try in hopes somebody has one collecting dust out in the shed.

Looking for a 2000-2004 Honda XR400..

Anybody?

I am going to be selling my XR500R, but it's an 82 with updates.
Walked on 400's with it but don't have one sorry.

Planning on riding the TAT next summer. If I can’t find a decent XR400, a CRF250L might be it

Is that the engine with the really short skirts? I have seen some of those short-skirt engines come in with the pistons flipped sideways in the bore; not pretty. Yeah I used to be a Honda tech.
Back in the early 70s, a friend of a buddy had an XR 350. It happened one day that we found ourselves at the same redlite late at night; me in my almost new 1970Swinger 340 4-speed with 3.55s. My car was 14.4 second car on those E70-14 polyglass factory tires. When we blasted of, I watched his front wheel come up, and he hole-shotted the crap out of me. But I chased him down in second gear. That really surprised me. A flipping 350.........

Is that the engine with the really short skirts? I have seen some of those short-skirt engines come in with the pistons flipped sideways in the bore; not pretty. Yeah I used to be a Honda tech.
Back in the early 70s, a friend of a buddy had an XR 350. It happened one day that we found ourselves at the same redlite late at night; me in my almost new 1970Swinger 340 4-speed with 3.55s. My car was 14.4 second car on those E70-14 polyglass factory tires. When we blasted of, I watched his front wheel come up, and he hole-shotted the crap out of me. But I chased him down in second gear. That really surprised me. A flipping 350.........

Yep the CRF, short skirt long stroke.

Before the CRF came out my Brother and I built this 88 CR125 with a 200cc Honda XR motor.
That little bike kicked butt in the tight trails.

DSCF0008.JPG

We would buy the xr400 to modify the trx 400 for the national circut. We would use the flywheel and still cut the **** out of it, and the Kickstart, no battery or starter very light. We would install a 440 kit with a 2mm stroker crank and cut the 440 piston to fit instead of using the stroker piston. We would get over 14-1 compression and a lot less reciprocating weight. c16 fuel. A real 450 eater in 05 we were winning most races in open class with an air cooled motor. We would also use some of the trans gears. We also ran a methanol 350R. a monster but had nothing for the TRX/XR 460

steve 016.jpg

steve%20014[1].jpg

steve%20015[1].jpg

steve 005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back