Xtreme primer

-

lowbudget

Mopar Man
Reaction score
Has anyone used 5 star Xtreme high build 2K DTM primer filler/sealer? This is what my paint salesman recommended as I am fixing to have alot or bare metal. It says it is a hybrid of epoxy and acrylic polymers. It sounds great but is it or is it just hype?
http://www.autobodybrands.com/primers/5424.html
Let me know what you think. Thanks Mike

well epoxy primers are usually nice and hard and water proof, 2k are soft and sand-able. I don't really see how a non sand-able primer and a sand-able primer can be combined. It would be interesting to play with some.

I've used gallons of it. Love it. It's good stuff, and relatively cheap. I believe it is known as a polyuroxy. I have no qualms about using it.

Cool....... I have already sprayed my hood, trunk and roof. I just though I had better check to ease my mind LOL Thanks Mike

How does this product work if the top coats will not be applied within the 24 hour window?

You just need to scotchbrite it again if you're not going to topcoat it within their window. Give it a quick go around with gray scotchbrite, prep solv and wipe, tack cloth it, spray.

well epoxy primers are usually nice and hard and water proof, 2k are soft and sand-able. I don't really see how a non sand-able primer and a sand-able primer can be combined. It would be interesting to play with some.

FWIW, The term 2K only refers to the fact that the paint requires a catalyst (activator) to cure, it has nothing to do with the purpose of the paint. I have never seen an automotive "epoxy" paint that was not a 2K system.

-
Back