Xxxx

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard of them and I've seen them. Now I want some. I'm planning another restoration in the future and I want to know where I can find them. How I can tell they are legit, and who has got them. Obviously it would be a really rare car if I want lunch pail parts. This is just so I can start gathering the good stuff.

That just means you are helping crooks scam their employers. How would you like it is someone stold your hood tonight?

Kinda like the guy who would take a wheelbarrow full of sand out the gates of his employer every friday,...security guard would dig through the sand every week, convinced he would catch the employee stealing something,...to no avail,...
Years after the employee and the security guard both retired, they met at a bar. The security guard asked him what he was stealing, to which the employee responded,...Wheelbarrows...

Kinda like the guy who would take a wheelbarrow full of sand out the gates of his employer every friday,...security guard would dig through the sand every week, convinced he would catch the employee stealing something,...to no avail,...
Years after the employee and the security guard both retired, they met at a bar. The security guard asked him what he was stealing, to which the employee responded,...Wheelbarrows...

LOL, I remember hearing that story many years ago.

hehe good one lol

im not seeing a 1969 440 six pack intake snuck out of st louis in a lunch pail popping up anytime soon , and if it did ,it would be hitting ebag with a 7500 reserve

I have some of those but they are for c-bodys. I got them when my grandfathers garage and shed were cleaned out. Small stuff like dash switches, radio knobs few marker lights stuff like that. I remember him telling me when he was on nightshift it was nothing to see guys take whole motors out the gates. He would tell me about them coming up short on tires because people would roll them out. All kinds of crazy stuff.

Your joking right? :newb:

You've never heard of the parts snuck out of the factory by workers.

I think the thread for being a smart-aleck is in a different section. I'm sorry you don't like lunch pail parts.:violent1:

Nah, I just put the same shoe on your foot since you posted the post above when another member asked you a simple question. I see that you now know what it feels like and you didn't care for it. Nothing personal, but face it we all can't know everything and the :newb: wasn't a very nice post toward dustinmoran91. Yes I dislike theives.

Shhhh I worked at an assembly plant for 31 years, sometimes duct tape was used to secure said parts to ones body....

I'm betting that Steven Juliano beat you to most of the good ones.

Honestly, is your restoration going to be any better with lunch pail parts? Unless it's a one of one super rare super badass car, it's just another resto and a few unrestored new parts won't up your value or your curb appeal much.

The LPP are more for that car that needs just a little push to go from $900K to a million $.

"Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government
that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not prove they are a citizen."

That sums it up in a way that I never could. Excellent take on one of the stupidest damn laws I've ever seen. Anyone know what religion I can claim to get out of getting taxed for not having insurance? Thanks!

There is such thing as "lunch pail parts " but good luck proving that they are.
These were assembly line parts,not NOS.Guys use to take small parts home all the time in their lunch pails. They either used them or sold them or put them on the shelf. There has got to be some out there,but like i said,it would be hard to prove.The closest you are going to get are NOS parts.

I was kind of curious to the proving it part also, how would you go about proving it? And if proved to actually be lunch pail parts what stops chrysler from coming in and laying claim to said parts for being stolen property? I dont mean knobs or switches im talking those expensive parts that would look good in their museums lol

Interesting. I would say that it depends on what kind of car you are going to restore. The e body abd b body stuff are most gone. But if your plans are an a body I would say yes, there are bunch of parts out there. Especially 67 up to mid seventies. Whats the car you are thinking of restore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back