y does my timing like 23 btdc

-

winstoninwisc

Taint easy livin free,season ticket ona 1wayride
Reaction score
looked like my distributor shaft was wabling I took it out seemed fine without extensive testing yet , it is an msd no vac secondary when we put it back in with new rotor it likes to be set at about 20-23 degree"s before tdc and hates to get advanced any. my distributor wire has never been pulled this far ,could I possibly have my wires 1 hole ahead ,wich would bring my distributor back where it used to sit?? real conserned where to start trouble shooting

no I had a problem with a lifter or pushrod we tore it down and put it back together I had a crack in my distributor cap . so I put on a new 1 and it looked like my distributor shaft was bent or wobbling when I put it all back together it doesn't time out like I had it . so I put in a new rotor today thinking I may not had had down tight ,that's why it looked like a wobble but now it wants to be timed at 22 degree"s before tdc and my distributor window is sitting at 6 o"clock when it used to be set at about 4 oclock and timing is 22 btdc intead of 3 degrees before tdc up to 5 after

18-22 initial timing is not uncommon, for a hot small block with a big cam. The total at 3000-3500 should be 34-38 most times.

Oil pump drive followed the dist. up, then dropped down one tooth out when dist reinstalled.Now rotor is incorrectly phased, and spark is jumping to wrong tower.. Thats my guess. Or dist is not all the way down.

-
Back