Ya learn something new every day!

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most religious sort, but I do consider myself to be a Christian. Like most Christians, I have a passing knowledge of what is in the Bible, but I ran into something recently that really surprised me. Without actually going to look, how many of each type of animal did Noah put on the Ark? I'll pause for a moment while you think about it... Okay, got it? The answer is two, right? One pair of each? Actually, that's wrong. The answer is, according to Genesis 7:2-3: "Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth." So really, the correct answer is 14 of each clean species, 14 of each type of bird, and 2 of unclean species. I wonder why the incorrect information is still so commonly taught? Weird. Just makes me wonder what else is considered "fact" but is actually wrong?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most religious sort, but I do consider myself to be a Christian. Like most Christians, I have a passing knowledge of what is in the Bible, but I ran into something recently that really surprised me. Without actually going to look, how many of each type of animal did Noah put on the Ark? I'll pause for a moment while you think about it... Okay, got it? The answer is two, right? One pair of each? Actually, that's wrong. The answer is, according to Genesis 7:2-3: "Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth." So really, the correct answer is 14 of each clean species, 14 of each type of bird, and 2 of unclean species. I wonder why the incorrect information is still so commonly taught? Weird. Just makes me wonder what else is considered "fact" but is actually wrong?
you think that`s something, read Ezekiel chapter one, and study on it a while. " let me know what you come up with." I heard a preacher explain it, it will blow you away ! keep in mind, all the people of that day knew was, camels, ox drawn carts, donkeys and such.

you think that`s something, read Ezekiel chapter one, and study on it a while. " let me know what you come up with." I heard a preacher explain it, it will blow you away ! keep in mind, all the people of that day knew was, camels, ox drawn carts, donkeys and such.
Yeah, that one has always been an interesting read. Hard to say what exactly he saw.

Watch Ancient Aliens on History TV - they will clear it all up for you!
C

And the ark was a DNA bank...
I do like to watch that show.
C

some of it make ya think..lol

would make more sense to carry just the dna instead of actual animals..

having been a sundayschool teacher for several years, I knew the right answer to your question
but as for what the wheels of Ezekiel are, I'm gonna pass on that one

one thing I learned a while ago that really blew me away is the meaning behind the "squareness" of the New Jerusalem
Revelation 21:16: And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

that was something that always baffled me
I figured there was something about the height of the city that was important, but I couldn't figure it out
until I had a preacher explain it to me
"look for a pattern" he said "where in the bible have we seen a perfect cube before?"
well, it turned out, this happened twice
the first time we see a perfect cube is in the back part of the tabernacle, the Most Holy Place, the very dwelling of God which the high priest could only enter once a year
this Most Holy Place showed up again in Solomons temple, in 2nd Chronicles 3:8 And he made the most holy house, the length whereof was according to the breadth of the house, twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof twenty cubits: and he overlaid it with fine gold, amounting to six hundred talents

so now there is a pattern, the perfect cube is a reference to the Most Holy Place, the dwelling place of God on earth
(I left out the mention of the temple in Ezekiel, because I couldn't find the height of it)

now, with that in mind, the interpretation of the new Jerusalem as a perfect cube is clear, it points to the Most Holy Place, the presence of God Himself
it is in fact saying, we will Dwell with God for ever

-
Back