Yall know where this goes?

-

67dart_drop_top

Reaction score
Putting 69 engine back together and for the life of me I cannot figure out where this bracket goes. Uggggggggg! I posted this under P/S Brackets but did not get much help.

I ususally take pics, but my son jammed my memory card into my camera and bent the pins. Anyone want to fix that for me? LOL!

318 7.jpg

I've got a 68 318 complete setting here in the shop on the stand. I stepped over and looked. It's the bracket that goes behind the AC pump. The two holes at the bottom bolt to the block. Hope that helps ya out.
Small Block

i am surprised. i really thought i took it from the power steering side.

how about this little booger (outlined in red)? i know it goes on the steering side, but i am not sure of its orientation. there is a chance i have it on correctly???

i really do appreciate it. i am not exagerating when i say i googled this for over six hours. i tried every combination of terms i could think of, and i got some pretty good pics; however, they all varied away from anything that would have worked for me.

that bracket you first looked at is used on the power steering side on some engines. it could never have fit my car like it showed in the pics.

318 1.jpg

See if you can do a better pic. Cant rally make that one out. What ever it is, it looks to be on the front of the water pump.
Small Block

wheel about 3" diameter. not a tesnioner because it doesn't have any freedom of moverment. it just spins. the wheel is on the left. the holes are on the right (circled in red).

man, you are the only hope i have had for a week. my next step is the dealer tomorrow, and i do not have a lot of hope for that.

318 4.jpg

Approximately 3" wheel. The holes are on bracket to right (circled red and almost appear to not be connected in picture). It is not a tensioner because it has no freedom of movement. It just spins.

Thanks a lot for your help. My next step was the dealer tomorrow, and I wasn't holding out a whole lot of hope.

318 4.jpg

i am surprised. i really thought i took it from the power steering side.

how about this little booger (outlined in red)? i know it goes on the steering side, but i am not sure of its orientation. there is a chance i have it on correctly???

i really do appreciate it. i am not exagerating when i say i googled this for over six hours. i tried every combination of terms i could think of, and i got some pretty good pics; however, they all varied away from anything that would have worked for me.

that bracket you first looked at is used on the power steering side on some engines. it could never have fit my car like it showed in the pics.
The idler is for the A/C belt.

-
Back