Yall Seen This Yet?

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
"No tunnel cutting required"

No tunnel cutting required is certainly a good thing. That means one can keep the stock interion and carpet. And whether we like it or not, the 4L60E is a very good transmission.
I did see this in the ad: "This is a basic builder's kit, cutting and/or fabrication will be required for installation." I wonder what the cutting and fabrication entails.

interesting. it's 4L60E so i wonder how they're getting that to fit sans cutting...

.... and what the price point is...

I didn't see where it said "no tunnel cutting required" in the link. Did I miss it or did you contact them to find this out?
No, it's on there. Read the entire description.

Also figure in setting up the bell housing pretty close. With the A833 (or a Muncie), you can get away with a little more off center and slop (yes, that's a technical term) than with a Tremec or any later transmission. They require a lot closer centering and leveling or you can wear things out, hard shifting, etc.

Also figure in setting up the bell housing pretty close. With the A833 (or a Muncie), you can get away with a little more off center and slop (yes, that's a technical term) than with a Tremec or any later transmission. They require a lot closer centering and leveling or you can wear things out, hard shifting, etc.
This is about the A41 automatic transmission.

They have a 5 and 6 speed kit, too. But those require tunnel surgery.
As tight as it was getting the A833 in this car, I can't imagine trying to put something else in there. Trans mount, shifter placement, changes in driveshaft angles.. losing sanity. If you can do it, I give ya props!

As tight as it was getting the A833 in this car, I can't imagine trying to put something else in there. Trans mount, shifter placement, changes in driveshaft angles.. losing sanity. If you can do it, I give ya props!
I am. I'm gonna put a T5 in my 64 Valiant. I just gotta get up the courage to start cuttin. lol

Looked at some pics of your car. That's a classy car. Very nice. Well, not your car specifically. Just on the intertoobs.
Thanks. She's been called lots of things, but this is a first for classy. lol

No, it's on there. Read the entire description.
Features:

• Low RPM Cruising
  • Great Shift Quality
  • Dyno Tested
  • Stand Alone Electronic Controller
  • Lockup Torque Converter with Optional Stall Speeds
  • No Tunnel Cutting
Found it. ^^^^^^ Thank you

"No tunnel cutting required"
Sure, that would be nice! I'll believe it when I see it though. It's a 4L60. They aren't smaller than a 200 4R and that takes some mods. Smartphone programming. That's cool. Won't work with a flip phone though. :BangHead: :lol:

considering the keisler set up MT did the write up on in 2009 was a hair under $5600, i'd say you're on the money there.
Wish I could drop that kinda cash on a transmission, but probably won’t be in my future. I’d like to see a write up though, maybe there is a junk yard option?

Wish I could drop that kinda cash on a transmission, but probably won’t be in my future. I’d like to see a write up though, maybe there is a junk yard option?
Since with a junkyard transmission you'd still need to get SST's (Keisler's) bellhousing, flexplate, tailshaft housing and output shaft (for speedometer drive capability), linkage, and electronic shift controllers anyway; you'd most likely be close to SST's cost once you figure in that it's a fresh transmission (with a warranty) with your choice of convertor stall.

-
Back