Yanking a 360.......

-

GDL

Reaction score
So I will be taking a 360 out of a 76-78 van. What all should I be sure to pull? Distributor, motor mounts, flex plate and torque converter, exhaust manifolds? Anything else?

I would pull whatever you can get away with, ignition parts etc. anything associated with the operation of the engine.

What trans is behind it, you might want to pull the throttle pressure linkage as well.

Why not take the whole trans? I'm with above, take all the "small parts" you can get, VR, ignition box, if the van is going to be junked, pull the ignition harness and VR connector if they're in good shape.

Motor mount brackets won't do you any good, but they come out with the engine, anyhow.

Is this something you are paying for on a "piece by piece" deal? I'd get all the engine pulleys/ brackets/ pump/ fan, etc, at least.

Don't think the rad will do you any good, unless it's for the taking. You can always sell it.

Wifes car has one but I'll yank anything I can get away with.

...not to hi-jack, but I'm getting ready to do the same thing myself. The donor vehicle is a 1990 pickup with 360. I'm guessing the same items for my swap? The rest of the truck is going to be parted / junked.

Is 1990 tbi? Also the block would/should have a a few more sensors on it as well.

And if anyone was wondering i didn't get the 360. It was scary at best. Kinda like the hills have eyes.

And if anyone was wondering i didn't get the 360. It was scary at best. Kinda like the hills have eyes.

i think i got you beat buddy. responded to an add for a 66 dart parting out. i needed the trans hump and floor pans. lady said 20 bucks and i can have what ever i can cut out. get there and she is this strung out tweaker chic. prob late 30's. wearing pajama's that look like they hadn't been washed in 6 months. i get the floor pan cut out and i give her the $20. she sees the cash in my wallet and offered to blow me for another $20.

best $40 bucks i ever spent. lol

A friend dragged me along to some place near Mound City Kansas took look at a 69 Super Bee. It was a mess but straight. It was in better shape than the half collapsed house where it was parked. No one home. We checked at nearby houses, all run down, and no one home. The whole town was kind of a dump. We could find no one but lots of dogs. We were driving by a diner in town and it looked like the whole town was in there. My friend stops out front and they turn and stare at us like walk ons for Children of the Corn. He asks me to go in and ask about the car. I said no way. He wouldn't go in either. So we go back to the house and leave a note with a good offer on the car. Never heard back from them. Maybe they couldn't read.

-
Back