Yeah, but it's a dry heat...

-

Z3v0

Reaction score
hey all, another arizonan, didn't know there were so many mopar folks out here. Currently restoring a 72 swinger, well I just stepped it up after 7 years of "planning". Tossing out the slant for a 360, simple swap right? Suuuure...

Current big stuff I'm lookin for is a lead on 10" brake setup, the 9" probably won't cut it under a 360.

If your going to upgrade the front brakes, do a disc brake setup. Also welcome to the club!

Welcome. Look for Cordoba's and Magnum, as well as C bodies for 10 inch brakes or a Mid 90's Jeep Grand Cherokee for a rear disc set up if you have a 8.25 rear.

Agreed, but I've got 14" mag wheels and haven't found a disc setup that will fit in them. Any ideas?

hey all, another arizonan, didn't know there were so many mopar folks out here. Currently restoring a 72 swinger, well I just stepped it up after 7 years of "planning". Tossing out the slant for a 360, simple swap right? Suuuure...

Current big stuff I'm lookin for is a lead on 10" brake setup, the 9" probably won't cut it under a 360.

another az guy! where are you??

i have a set of 10's on spindles if you want to pm me...

Welcome to FABO, Z3v0, from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Wow! Seven years "planning". Sounds familiar - I have 4 years of acquiring parts and saving for paint. What's the full plan for your '72?
And you're right - it is a dry heat. Just like my oven at Thanksgiving (and the turkey doesn't complain)! LOL

Welcome to FABO, Z3v0, from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Wow! Seven years "planning". Sounds familiar - I have 4 years of acquiring parts and saving for paint. What's the full plan for your '72?
And you're right - it is a dry heat. Just like my oven at Thanksgiving (and the turkey doesn't complain)! LOL

Well as soon as I finish pulling off the suspension, I'm sending it out for sandblasting, bodywork, and paint. Thankfully it's an AZ car so the only real bodywork is the cancer around where the vinyl roof was.
After that, dropping in a rebuilt 360 with a 727 and hopefully have a really pretty driver. I know it's sacrilege, but it's getting modern radio, alarms, windows and door locks.

Well as soon as I finish pulling off the suspension, I'm sending it out for sandblasting, bodywork, and paint. Thankfully it's an AZ car so the only real bodywork is the cancer around where the vinyl roof was.
After that, dropping in a rebuilt 360 with a 727 and hopefully have a really pretty driver. I know it's sacrilege, but it's getting modern radio, alarms, windows and door locks.

You will find most members build their cars here to fit them and what they like. So build it without worry.

welcome to FABO! I have 14" aluminum slots on the front of my Barracuda with a disc brake setup off a 75 dart... TIGHT but the wheels do clear. I have another pair of slots that are also 14s but they rub a bit.

welcome to the site! if your going to do a brake upgrade, the large bolt pattern disc is the way to go...

-
Back