YEAH!! Got the Call Today!!

-
Uh oh, I'm nervous now!! A background check?? Surely your love of Mopars is gonna pop right up, and further investigation will reveal your high mucky muck status here in our secret society of Mopar lovers that is called FABO (short for ???...Hmmm, I wonder!!!).

Subsequent background checks will surely reveal more than enough evidence of your joining the "Bacon" cult a while back, not to mention your radical views on the mini-tubbing of an early A-body, and well... I'm afraid my friend that this dark past, and the dead battery "incident" may throw a different light on this!!!

On a lighter note, I vote you in for Chief of Police, based on your love of early A's!!!

Good luck with the rest of the process, it sounds really promising!! Geof

LOL thanks Geof!

Actually about the dead battery thing. When I popped the hood on the Valiant so he could take a looksee, he pointed out that he had the same battery in his truck. I proceeded to tell him that the day I picked up my background and CVSA packets and as the snow storm rolled in that day it killed the old battery so I went to Autozone and picked this one up.
He laughed and told me the same thing happened to his truck the same day and that he got his battery at Autozone as well. Lol!

Oh and I blatantly told him I'm a die hard Mopar fan as well!

LOL thanks Geof!

Actually about the dead battery thing. When I popped the hood on the Valiant so he could take a looksee, he pointed out that he had the same battery in his truck. I proceeded to tell him that the day I picked up my background and CVSA packets and as the snow storm rolled in that day it killed the old battery so I went to Autozone and picked this one up.
He laughed and told me the same thing happened to his truck the same day and that he got his battery at Autozone as well. Lol!

Oh and I blatantly told him I'm a die hard Mopar fan as well!

Did you just say "Die Hard"??? You funny!! Sounds like a kinship was formed in the parking lot that day, although I don't think Autozone sells Diehard!! Maybe this battery kinship will blossom into a full fledged working relationship with one of your "new" constituents!!!:cheers:

UPDATE:
Well got some not so good news today :(
Got a letter that pretty much says my road stopped at the background check.
Not sure why, they don't let you know. I know that one of my references never returned the phone calls, so not sure if that was it. Maybe it was that speeding ticket I got in February. My wife is now wondering if it was her during the home interview.
Not sure. But, I'll put in my resume again and give it another shot as they did say that I can try again.
Very down in the dumps right now.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

that sucks, but good news for me now i don't have to hide my toys

As some of you know, I put in and tested for a deputy sheriff position and passed those. I then, have been waiting to hear back for a background check which furthers the hiring process. I've been waiting now for at least 2 months.

Well, I got the call today to further that process. Had to go down and pick up my background check/ polygraph test booklets. I worked on those things from around 4pm till 10:30!!! Still not done. lol They're due back by 4pm Wednesday!

I was told from my friend on the force that he thinks they're going to be starting another Academy in April or May, so hopefully I make it!!

Congrats to the good news!

UPDATE:
Well got some not so good news today :(
Got a letter that pretty much says my road stopped at the background check.
Not sure why, they don't let you know. I know that one of my references never returned the phone calls, so not sure if that was it. Maybe it was that speeding ticket I got in February. My wife is now wondering if it was her during the home interview.
Not sure. But, I'll put in my resume again and give it another shot as they did say that I can try again.
Very down in the dumps right now.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

Sorry to see this. But do not give up on it, let some time pass and try again. Strange how they would tell you why they decided the way they did.

Sorry to see this. But do not give up on it, let some time pass and try again. Strange how they would tell you why they decided the way they did.

Thanks Doug, yeah it def sucks they don't tell you anything. I'm gonna run it by the detective at church in the morning and see what he has to say. I know that he even had to try twice before he made it but I can't remember what they axed him on his first try for.

I know you are upset but God is in charge and He must have another plan for you.

I agree that God does have a plan but at the same time maybe He wants to see if I'm serious about it and is teaching me about being patient and having the determination it takes....so I'll try again in a short while. Prob go back and make sure I have all my ducks in a row, which I thought I had em in the straightest row possible this time....who knows, well God does but He'll show me in due time.

Just re-submitted my application. Gonna keep at it till they tell me I can't anymore!!

Talked to my detective friend today and he said he's heard that they'll sometimes cut you loose just to see if you really want the position....ie, keep reapplying. But he said as far as how much truth is in it, he's not sure.
But he did tell me to reapply....so that's what I'm gonna keep doin. :)

Just re-submitted my application. Gonna keep at it till they tell me I can't anymore!!

Talked to my detective friend today and he said he's heard that they'll sometimes cut you loose just to see if you really want the position....ie, keep reapplying. But he said as far as how much truth is in it, he's not sure.
But he did tell me to reapply....so that's what I'm gonna keep doin. :)

Sounds believable....

Okay, so today I called the deputy who was in charge of my background investigation.
I told him that I was calling about my rejection letter and that I was wanting to find out what went wrong so I could make improvements because I was reapplying for the position.
He kind of went silent then told me he's never had anyone call before wanting to know the reason why they were turned down after the b/g check. And said that he's not the one who makes the decision just passes the info upstairs.
He then went silent again and I repeated that I would like to know so I could improve on whatever it was because I'm reapplying for the position.

He told me to call him back on Friday....so hopefully he can get some info for me.

-
Back