YEAR ONE CENTER CAPS

-

Mack F-700

Reaction score
Hello and hope you can help me. I want to purchase center caps (poverty caps) from Year one. The one I like are item HC697. The description say they are stainless steel and cost $457.They also list a plain center cap HC664 for $270.23. It also states they are stainless steel. Has anyone ordered either of these and why the big price difference. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post

You posted in the wrong forum Mack. I'll move it to the right place.

I assume you ment hc687

The fratzog would need to be licensed.

There is your 200.00 difference.

Screenshot_20230824-170353.png

Screenshot_20230824-170523.png

I assume you ment hc687

The fratzog would need to be licensed.

There is your 200.00 difference.

View attachment 1716132948

View attachment 1716132950
The bottom ones are 1973 up one's on cars they are satin finish. They put silver painted ones on truck's and vans. The painted are also cheaper and are not SS. I have a set of each NOS since i have steelies i acquired years ago.
The Fratzog ones go on older cars. They are - were made both ways SS and anodized aluminium

You did not state what year car, truck or van you have.
Here's what NOS ones look like of the later year ones.
Painted and Brushed (Satin)

DogDishHubCaps001.jpg

The bottom ones are 1973 up one's on cars they are satin finish. They put silver painted ones on truck's and vans. The painted are also cheaper and are not SS. I have a set of each NOS since i have steelies i acquired years ago.
The Fratzog ones go on older cars. They are - were made both ways SS and anodized aluminium
They are for a 74 Dart Swinger with Stock 14” steel wheels. What size is the center section?
What year did they change the bolt pattern to 5 by 4.5?
Year one uses the same part # for 1966 to 1976.

IMG_5478.png

The caps should fit a,14 or 15 they go on the center. Full wheel covers go on barrels and would not. I should start a thread since i have pics of the restored junkyard wheels.

I was also going to make wheel stools. But someone stole my wheels and guess they went to scrapper. Anything metal they steal. Now i have nice custom.made padded stool tops to sit on but no stools.

They are for a 74 Dart Swinger with OEM steel wheels

-
Back