Year One Engine forward Harness

-

Cravin'sCuda

Reaction score
I was looking to change the engine harness and looking at Year one it has two different harnesses. The stock replacement and a modified harness. It looks like the modified is used for the electronic voltage regulator and the electronic ignition. I was going to modify my harness for the elec regulator but I do not have the electronic ign set up. I'm using the stock setup with a MSD distributor. Besides having to buy the electronic ignition module what other modifications would have to done,and how would it work with the MSD? Should I just buy the stock harness and not worry about the electronic ign module and just set it up for the elec voltage regulator. ](*,)Thanks in advance

I'm not sure about the MSD addition, but you should buy your harness from Bill Evans in Erie, PA. I just got one for my Challenger and it was $112 delivered. I'm not sure of the web address, but can post it here later.

the charging system upgrade requires adding only one blue wire about 6 feet long to the early harness.The harness connecter for regulater comes from the parts yard.

i would go with an evans kit. probably where year one gets it anyway. http://evanswiring.tripod.com/ if your buying a new engin harness anyway i would get the one set up for the dual fld alt and if its the electronic ign then so be it.. your gonna have to tap into ithe new harness for MSD with either anyway so get the one that has the dual fld alt wiring already in it...

i would go with an evans kit. probably where year one gets it anyway. http://evanswiring.tripod.com/ if your buying a new engin harness anyway i would get the one set up for the dual fld alt and if its the electronic ign then so be it.. your gonna have to tap into ithe new harness for MSD with either anyway so get the one that has the dual fld alt wiring already in it...

actually, m&h electrical fabricators make the ones for year one.

since all you need is that blue wire, i would open it up, add the blue wire where applicable, and rewrapping it with the non adhesive wrap. i am running the msd trio and cut out the ballast resistor wires, used just the brown/dark blue white stripe for the start/run to go to the red trigger wire on the box.

-
Back