Year one or classic industries?

-
If you put something on your wish list, or in your cart at Y1 and leave it, they will eventually offer you a discount.

Also check eBay, sometimes they have had the wire harness cheaper than their 30% off price and free shipping

From experience, I would suggest that you look up your wiring harness on M&H's web site. YO and Classic use th some version of the number and sometimes they don't get the applications exactly correct. Get the number from M&H and then buy from a supplier. I think that you can do better at Summit or Jegs using that same number.

I bought the H&H under hood harnesses for my 69 Barracuda. I was very pleased with them. It looks great and fit perfectly. Well worth the money.

I can suggest Evan’s also. Called them and received great service and great product. Had my engine harness in about a week.

Alright so my m&h engine and headlight wiring has finally came. Anyone that has installed this wiring on a 69 dart or valiant have any idea what wires connect to nss?

If it is the same as the one I bought for my 69 barracuda, the transmission harness is a separate harness you need to buy also.

If it is the same as the one I bought for my 69 barracuda, the transmission harness is a separate harness you need to buy also.
Correct but it ties into the headlight harness. I have the nss new as well just don't see where it plugs into the headlight harness.

It's been a long time since I installed mine, but if memory serves you have to pin the violet and black wires into the bulkhead connector, and the brown wire goes to the starter relay. One black wire is a jumper between two bulkhead cavities on separate connectors.

When I got this car it had no wiring from firewall out. So I'm just going based off this spare wiring harness that came with my 71 duster. And from what I can see on this harness one wire goes to starter relay and there is two, other wires that have clip on one end and connect to what I believe is the headlight harness.

This is off the spare wiring harness I have.

20230403_211631.jpg

I don't believe that connector existed in 1969. Do you have a mating connector for that on your new NSS harness, or does it have bare terminals on black and violet wires? You probably won't have the little jumper harness I mentioned on the black wire. My car's a 4-speed and I believe that's for the dash-mounted reverse lamp, which you obviously wouldn't have.

I don't believe that connector existed in 1969. Do you have a mating connector for that on your new NSS harness, or does it have bare terminals on black and violet wires? You probably won't have the little jumper harness I mentioned on the black wire. My car's a 4-speed and I believe that's for the dash-mounted reverse lamp, which you obviously wouldn't have.
Yeah they are just bare, yeah this harness is definitely newer has the newer style voltage regulator.

Go here and download the factory service manual for your car. It has the wiring diagrams in it showing where those wires need to go. I'll bet one American dollar they pin directly into the bulkhead connector.
The only real difference between the wiring for automatic and manual is that there's no wire for the starter relay. I believe the violet wire is 12V+ feed and the black wire is for the reverse lamps. On the automatic switch, the brown wire simply grounds the starter relay through the switch to the transmission case.

Go here and download the factory service manual for your car. It has the wiring diagrams in it showing where those wires need to go. I'll bet one American dollar they pin directly into the bulkhead connector.
The only real difference between the wiring for automatic and manual is that there's no wire for the starter relay. I believe the violet wire is 12V+ feed and the black wire is for the reverse lamps. On the automatic switch, the brown wire simply grounds the starter relay through the switch to the transmission case.
You are correct b1 and b2 go to the clip that attaches to bulk head.

Screenshot_20230403_233311_Samsung Notes.jpg

I guess it was right in front of us the whole time. Matches nicely with the bit of service manual you posted above, though.

-
Back