Yes another disc brake question

-

74swinger360

Reaction score
So i have recently discovered that my k frame in my 74 dart is the earlier style with the biscut style motor mounts. So my question is what do i need to do the swap. Do i need new lower control arms? or do i just need to buy the spindle, rotors, calipers, proportioning vavle and misc. pads and such. More worried about if i need to get new control arms. Also i would like to stick with the sbp. Thanks.

I have drums in the front currently and have the sbp rims right now and cant afford to upgrade my rims. and i like the way they look. I would like to switch to the disc brake set up but am unclear what i need to do it. Since i have the earlier k frame what do i need to do the conversion? i know this question has been asked a million times so im sorry for asking again.

74 k-frame? thats a later k-frame not earlier one? whjat year car are ya working on?

the lower arms should be the same. you have all the small bolt disc stuff already? if not that stuff can be expensive.

Its the earlier style v8 k frame. it has the biscuts on it. The k frame is in a 74 dart swinger with a 360. I do not have any parts yet. I am really confused on what i really need to do this swap. I have read so many of the swap articles and i think im going crazy.

oh ok. i read it wrong.. you have the 67-up style k-frame in a 74 car..

the lower arms ar the same for the swap. separate the lower ball joint and take from there up, then the proportioning valve.

may be cheaper in the long run to go big bolt and replace the wheels. small bolt disc stuff is getting expensive to buy then you have to replace everything and it adds up..

-
Back