Yes it's time, parking be damned!

-

Small Block

Reaction score
Boys, even though I was unable to sell one of my dusters to clear a parking spot, I am starting another project. This time I am restoring a 67 Valiant 100 2 dr post car and we are going to put the monster duel quad 440 six pack motor in it. It should be a good one, Vic will be posting pics, ignore the alternative power. Thats a secret.

Sounds like a great project! Looking forward to seeing pics and the updates as it comes together. Thats going to be one hell of a fun car when its done!!!

Sounds like some time will be spent out in the shop :cheers:
I think I have a picture of the 67 Valiant 100 2 dr post car8)
But I will be waiting on Vic to do his stuff .:thumbrig:
Don't make us wait to long :toothy7:
Great protect selection Small Block :thumbrig:

What the freak is a dual quad 440 6 pack lmao. 2 4s and a 6 in the seat lol

Here we go, it is a light little bugger, I don't think it ways 1500 lbs.

67 Valiant 100 started.jpg

6 cyl engine in.jpg

A couple more from the shop, dont ask about the second one becuase it's not fully developed yet and I can't disclose anything at this time. This car was found completely ground up around with trees, had to cut alot of brush to get it out and it is one of the straightest bodys we've seen.

interior #2.jpg

secret power.jpg

Is that a flux capacitor in there :poke::drinkers:

What a great build !! Lets get started.:thumbrig:

We have something in the developement stage but are haveing cord length problems. We'll keep you informed, of course next time you take victoria out for a jaunt, swing up here and take a peak. Things are starting to cook around here again with my car and now Small blk starting a build. It's going to be a great winter I can see it now.
By the way, we wore the old tool box out, the beer was warm! Had to get a new fridge for the shop. Small Blk sure keeps a good shop hey Memike?

Vic posted this in the shop under my name but yes this is Small Block and i approve this message. Show us some pics of your new ride there Vic. He got one great ride. He's wanting me to paint it BLACK. I can do it.

Hey Small Block -
Here's a pic of the '68 Valiant "400" our club built last year as a charity raffle giveaway car
2008Valiant400.jpg
It's a "400" because we used a 400cid big-block. It also had a RMS AlterKtion front and StreetLynx rear suspension, new Legendary interior, and a bunch more. Check out our club website, www.inlandmoparscarclub.com for more info.
Also check out the '70 Dart we're building as our 2009 charity raffle giveaway car. Gonna have a Paxton-supercharged 360! Let me know if you need raffle tix at $5 each - fully tax deductible since it's a charity donation.
Good luck with your project. These lightweight Valiants make fun runners!

2008Valiant400.jpg

Thanks Small blk, ya I have a thread over in the early A-body section that I have pics. The more small blk and I look at it, the more we like it. I am thinking that these 2 cars are going to be something special.

Beautiful car ocdart, you guys built an awesome street car there. I really like the scoop too, very cool.

Vic posted this in the shop under my name but yes this is Small Block and i approve this message. Show us some pics of your new ride there Vic. He got one great ride. He's wanting me to paint it BLACK. I can do it.

I am sure you can Small Block. :cheers:

yes this is Small Block and I approve this message. :toothy10: I agree two great cars!!

Can the fridge be fixed?:tongue9: Man I liked that fridge.:drinkers:

The best looking fridge I have ever seen.:-D

Is there a block designated as a 6 pack block or is it only that it has the heavy duty rods. Not being smart but i would really like to know. I have a 79 block and it had the 6 pack rods by the casting numbersbut i know they didnt make 440 6 pack motors in 79

Dam we're talking "Sleeper" aren't we guys, I love sleepers. I ran a 440 dual 4 in a 69 Super Bee years ago and I can still remember the way those puppies howled at full song. Gave me a woody evertime.:toothy10::toothy10:

To answer Daredevil's question the 440 6 pack came with heavier rods and different crank balancer and I think that was the only thing that separated it from the standard 440. In 69 they both ran the same compression 10.1 but in 70 the 440-6 was 10.5 and standard 440 was 9.7.

Terry

The motor Vic is refering to was supposed to be a six pack motor when i bought it at an auction. It is a 68 dated block and when i bought it it had a dual quad intake and two competition 500's on top. The pistons were standard TRW's but the holes were sloppy. The valve trane had HS roller rockers and had the ports dressed up a little. It is a steel crank with a rattler harmonic balancer on the front with a milidon oil pan with rear pickup......but now it is something else. We had to go 30 over to get it right and buy new TRW 30's. It still have the DQ set up as well as the other internals but we stepped it on up to 12.5 compression to give it some crack in its step. After i bought it i took it to the shop and they tore it down and totally redid it and now i have some where in the ball park of $5800 in it. This is the third motor this shop has built for me and if it does as well as the previous two......well you might want to bring an extra pair of underwear. We'll keep ya posted. Should be a good winter in McCain gets in. If not i'll see ya at the camel races on the Whitehouse lawn. I'll be one of the camel brickers with a face shield on. Can't never have to much protection.

i think the factory advertised weight of the 67 valiant is 2950#, for the 68 dart post its 2975#. the dart is about 7 inches longer.

lol, sweet monitor in engine bay!
download a pic of a blown big block, i wanna see what it looks like in there. haha

I have a great hood, center grille divider and the turn signal panel between the fenders, which it looks like you could use.....let me know if you need them!
Got any pics of it in it's natural habitat? I'm an antique Caterpillar nut too, and I always like seeing the "before" pics when somebody pulls something out of it's hiding place!
Great to see another Valiant project under way!
alan627b

Continued taking it apart this evening and as we all know that the extent of any problems are never visable until we get our hands dirty and after taking the front seat out i have found that the floor boards front and rear are all but gone. Much more work to do than expected but i'm always up for a challenge. I looked under it and all frame rails seem to be solid. I do have pans from later A bodies in the field so all i have to do is get after cutting em out and putting em in the 67. I'll continue gutting it tomorrow and when Vic comes by i'll get some pics of the distress in the floor. Aint no hill for a stepper. I'll keep you posted as to the progress. No pics of where it was setting when i got it. Looks like i'll use that plasma cutter in due time. I think i'll borrow a friends rotisseri for this one or build me one.

-
Back