Yesterdays Rant....

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been busy with the new job and trying to get something done on my heap before I die of old age (which should happen soon...) Wanna talk about being cranked-off? I bought this throttle cable from a well-know editor from a well-know Mopar publication who hustles stuff on e-Bay like a crack-***** looking for a buck. When I asked him "will this work on an A body with a small block 6 Bbl" I was assured that it would fit *perfect*!

Check out my short movie I made last night:

http://media.putfile.com/ThrottleCable

Nothing like taking a wizz-wheel to your brand new (over-priced) throttle cable and cutting it TEN INCHES shorter! We test fit it a little later tonight.... after we put Tom's Duster back together.

ROTFLMAO! I love that vid man! lol! I don't mean to laugh at your pain John, but I swear I said the same thing to myself 50 times on the Ramcharger project. Then the Fiance (who's a mechanic, for those who don't know) wonders why the fk it aint' done yet and what the hell is taking so long. I try to tell her that everything is custom, nothing fits from any parts store or vendors and fabrication takes time. It's not like I can order everthing from a freakin' Dinan catalog like she and her dad can for thier BMWs. All that Dinan crap just bolts on, dammit lol!

I'm sending her that link. :)

You were only planning on running off the front carb correct? But maybe that throttle cable was meant for a Australian car where the pedal is on the other side of the car. Or he fibbed as that cable is for a tuna boat B or C body.

Hahahahaha...funny stuff.
Cute kid moshing to Battery!

Ah, you checked out some of the other videos on my site? That little girl moshing is my God-Daughter Carina dancing with her Daddy... Her older Brother (who turns 6 today...) sings along with Pantera & Ozzy. He scares the other kids in pre-school....

That throttle cable now fits *perfectly*.... :thebirdm:

Sounds like the type of guy I used to run into at the swap meets.
When you ask him what a part he has fits he then asks what you got.And somehow magically he answers back yeah that's what it's for .:glasses9:

Sounds like the type of guy I used to run into at the swap meets.
When you ask him what a part he has fits he then asks what you got.And somehow magically he answers back yeah that's what it's for .:glasses9:

It wasn't quite the same in this case, but close. And he charged me almost $15 more than Mancini's get's for the same friggen cable <Bastard!>

I'm really enjoyed your vid. It's nice to know that others have the same luck I do. Jeff

damn john, i woulda sent you one ! let me know next time you are missing something.

damn john, i woulda sent you one ! let me know next time you are missing something.

MISSING: One mind. Lost it around the 2nd. engine build. Answers to "Hey You".... "Stupid"....and "You Senile Old %$#@". Last seen wandering through a back alley looking for sanity. Please feed and send it to bed.

Will get it later....
10_5_134v1.gif

sorry John I feel your pain in so many ways but still had to laugh

So how'd the first engine build turn out? lol!

First engine lasted 20 miles before the cam wiped out filling the engine with metal chunks...... Many things contributed to that fiasco. Engine #2 was built almost 2 yrs. ago, then I decided "What the Hell..." and did the body & paint last year. This year I might actually drive the damn thing....

....if I don't burn down the garage and go buy a new car.

I'm SORRY but I have to say HA,HA.I thought only this kinda stuff only happens to me LOL...
You want to hear somthing scary.I bought a stroker 496 from Speed-O-Motive out of CA.It lasted me about 40 miles.Come to find out they installed a defective cam bearing.The oil holes in the bearing were not punch out all th way.The bearing heated up came loose,cam walked,lifters poped out'and guess what no oil pressure.The Great Speed-O-Motive would no stand behind there work.So I was out $6000.00.
So you guessed it I was not laughing.

I have been into Mopars since I was 15, 38 now.I have found Most Mopar guys a Good Honest people.Maybe 95%.I have also notice about 70% of the Chevy guys are just plain Crooks.They will Screw each other faster than a two dollar *****.LOL...........

First engine lasted 20 miles before the cam wiped out filling the engine with metal chunks...... Many things contributed to that fiasco. Engine #2 was built almost 2 yrs. ago, then I decided "What the Hell..." and did the body & paint last year. This year I might actually drive the damn thing....

....if I don't burn down the garage and go buy a new car.

Damn, I was just kidding. I had no idea you you had such a hassle with the first.

Don't give up yet! I got the feeling that #2 will haul ***.

I'm SORRY but I have to say HA,HA.I thought only this kinda stuff only happens to me LOL...
You want to hear somthing scary.I bought a stroker 496 from Speed-O-Motive out of CA.It lasted me about 40 miles.Come to find out they installed a defective cam bearing.The oil holes in the bearing were not punch out all th way.The bearing heated up came loose,cam walked,lifters poped out'and guess what no oil pressure.The Great Speed-O-Motive would no stand behind there work.So I was out $6000.00.
So you guessed it I was not laughing.

I think you're the second person here who's had a problem with Speed-O-Motive. Sorry man. :angry7:

What really makes me sick.Is all the Engine Challenges in all the Mopar Mags.Speed-O-Motive is always in them and gets great reviews.Ok a engine shop may put out a bad engine every few years.**** happens I understand but you think they would stand behind what they sell you.I would have better off getting a reman. 440 from Autozone thats SAD.
I built my last one myself.It couldn't be any worse than a Speed-O-Motive engine and it only cost about half the price.My first engine I had rebuilt years ago was built by a local shop that done mostly Chevys.I ran it real hard after 900 miles ,man I mean hard and it lasted me 10 years.I only rebuilt it because the bearings didn't look so hot.Good thing I checked them before I put the 383 in my Dart.

-
Back