yet another 318 build question........

-
Well a little money and not thinking led me to buying the intake I did..... It looked cool. Now I have a much better idea of what I am wanting. It does not have to look 100% stock, but at first glance I would like it to appear stock. Stock air cleaner, Mopar valve covers and either the 340 manifolds I have or a set of headers. Still debating that part. But the inside will be less stock. Also for the target hp of around 300ish hp do I need the better rods? I have no plans for ever trying for "max hp" and trying more for budget and reliability. So would arp bolts and polishing/balancing the stock ones be ok?

so looking around and like i said I found a 68 340 intake that I am gonna get. I am starting to lean more towards the indy heads as they really seem like a bargin. Am I correct for thinking that the power levels I am looking for these heads will more or less be ideal right out of the box???? not sure on the cam or the gears as I am kinda looking at the Keisler 4speed auto..... I did completely gut the inside of the car last weekend and will be removing the engine and trans (and all other related parts) on my next weekend off. then it is on to body work........fun!!!!!

-
Back