yet another 413 question

-

shiifty_dart

Reaction score
I found a 413 motor with a 74 440 crank and balancer he wants 300 for it it has no ring ledge and no cracks this is just a short block no heads or intake it also has a 3 bolt cam I have tried to find it in my direct connection book and my mopar performance book ( its old but been good up to this point). what I need to know is would this be a decent motor I dont know what it came from or what year it is I just cant afford to rebuild my 383 right now and thought this would be a good option.

thanks for your thoughts
shiifty

I found a 413 motor with a 74 440 crank and balancer he wants 300 for it it has no ring ledge and no cracks this is just a short block no heads or intake it also has a 3 bolt cam I have tried to find it in my direct connection book and my mopar performance book ( its old but been good up to this point). what I need to know is would this be a decent motor I dont know what it came from or what year it is I just cant afford to rebuild my 383 right now and thought this would be a good option.

thanks for your thoughts
shiifty
Finding heads and intake may be a bigger problem than rebuilding your 383

A 413 is the same tall deck motor that evolved into the 426 wedge and 440. It just has a smaller bore, with the 3.75 stroke. 4.18 bore x 3.75

I wouldn't pay $300 for a 413 short block, specially since the forged crank is gone. It no longer has the correct balance. I'm thinking it is only worth $50

Chuck

-
Back