Yikes! 2006 Tundra Heater Core R&R

-

66fyssh

Don't Stop Believin'
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Could they make it any more difficult to R & R the heater core? :banghead:

Mine was leaking so I tore it down yesterday. Putting it back together today.

Give me back my 66:cheers:

Attachments

• IMG_20151111_120429.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 83
Same way with my '01 Grand Cherokee MAJOR PITA

Dakota R&R says "hang dash from pass side entry assist handle with coat hanger....." or something to that effect.

I've thought ever since the first one I had to replace back in the 80's, that it would be so much easier and better if there was just a simple sheet metal panel with six bolts on the engine side of the firewall.....

Just did a 2000 Ford ranger for a friend and you can't even leave the column in for that truck... Looks like a similar job on the Tundra.

Dakota R&R says "hang dash from pass side entry assist handle with coat hanger....." or something to that effect.

I've thought ever since the first one I had to replace back in the 80's, that it would be so much easier and better if there was just a simple sheet metal panel with six bolts on the engine side of the firewall.....

Did one o dem Dakotas a few moths ago. Yes.... I real PIA.

There ought'ha to be a law..........of course there IS an alternative...........I guess you could bolt one of these to the console.........

AW09_64_01.jpg

And there were the old Stewart Warner "South Wind" heaters which were gasoline fired

heatshot.jpg

-
Back