Yotah1 - french owner 68 Cuda fastback project

-

yotah1

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just a quick introduction :

currently 29, owner of a 68 Barracuda that i start to tear apart prior to a full rebuild. I moved to the Detroit area a few months ago, came over from France where I was working as a car designer for PSA Citroen. Now I've joined the ranks at the Ford Design Studio in Dearborn :)

Graduated in 04 with a masters degree, I worked at Land Rover in UK, then GM Europe in Germany (Opel, designed the Buick Regal), then Citroen in France with my own business and now here with Ford USA.

I'm a petrolhead by birth, with a father in motorcycle racing and engineering, jet skis at home, motorbikes everywhere... I own, aside from the Cuda, an 03 F150 as a winter beater, and in Europe I have an 08 Kawasaki Z750 (quite extensively modified) daily motorbike I rode for 2 years t go to work, along with a 87 BMW E30 Coupe and a 2010 Renault twingo RS (quite unknown around here) modified as a track weapon that i race on the Nurburgring Nordschleife (many videos available on youtube if you wanna check it out with my username...).

Here are a few photos of the Cuda. I'll do a better introduction of the project where it needs to be done in the forum, and i'll start checking out the threads for local meets and parts exchange stuff as I'm looking for some stuff for it.

Thx for reading, cheers everyone!

12494998_10208607232471833_7342482453863081131_n.jpg

12593410.jpg

12594010.jpg

Yeah thebasement in the house is hugely useful!!

The seats are pretty good. Front driver needs uphosltery and foam while passenger only needs foam. The bench is in really good shape.

Welcome to the Madness !! Nice organizational skills there. My original family and last name are from France.

Thx for the welcome guys. I'll create a topic for the restoration of the car, as well as I'm going to browse through the small block threads in the forum to get some info as I want to upgrade a bit the stock 318 that is in the car right now. The plan is to do a complete rotisserie restoration with great attention to detail throughout the entire build, upgrading some things without going away from the original feel and identity of the car.

-
Back