You Aint Gonna Believe This!

-
Carefull work with a sharp air chisel to split the nut would be my only idea not mentioned already

I had this very problem and it was on a Cragar wheel. The dremel tool with cut off wheel is how it was solved. First cover the whole area around lug with
tape to protect chrome. Mini cutoff wheels will do a good job but it will take a while and you will have to cut half way throgh and trun lug 90 degrees. It can be done and save your wheel.

I tkink it's gonna be drill ot the lugs with the socket over it. Thanks for the help everyone. I'll let you know how it turns out. This car is really pissing me off.

I like the dremmel idea. Did you get a special hardened wheel for the dremmel or did you just use those little cut off discs.

You might try a deep socket n a pipe, to "snap" the stud off. Use an "impact socket" (The black ones) slide pipe over the socket and stand on it. Should be able to snap it off clean.

Just my .02

Thoght about something like that but, was afraid of f'n up the rim when it snapped.

It wont be that hard to drill. start of center punch stud and use new 1/8th inch drill pilot hole with plenty of lube.use high speed for small diameter bit .have spare bits on hand. step up to 1/4inch next then 3/8 -1/2.cutting oil is best but any lite oil is better than nothing. dont let the bit get hot.

cant u cut a space out the backing plate to get to the stud back? sure u may cut a spring or something and will need a new backing plate but at lest u save the rim. what will cast less lol good luck

Here's an idea....weld the nut to the stud, then spap it off.....I've broke some lugs in the past, its not that hard to do......

Hey guys I got the f%#$er off! The dremmel worked. So now what do I do. A buddy gave me another hub but it has a stripped hole as well. Do I tack weld the studs in? I figure this way I can snap them off if they strip. What do you guys think? Let me know. Thanks for all the help! I made it out with only a couple blemishes. Not to bad considering.

Glad to see you got them off.I've tack welded them on before and never had any problems but then again I only had for about 3 years before I sold it

-
Back