You can't make this stuff up

-

6PakBee

Reaction score
I hate FedEx and make no bones about hating FedEx. But I just had an incident involving both UPS and USPS. First some background.

1) I do not have residential USPS delivery, I have a PO box.
2) UPS does not deliver to a PO box, only to a street address.

So....I order a part from Amazon. Amazon uses UPS so I give my street address. I follow the tracking number and find that my package was picked up at the local post office at a time and date when I was 75 miles away from the post office. Why no delivery to my street address that I provided?

Go down to the post office with the tracking number. They have no clue, will have to check. Go back the next day, they can't find the package and claim that the tracking number I have must have been entered incorrectly. Hmm.

I show them the UPS tracking number again and point out that it was delivered to the post office, that it must be there. So after a manual search of the bins, they found it.

What had happened was:

1) UPS was the initial carrier. The UPS delivery address was....wait for it...MY POST OFFICE, not my street address.
2) On the UPS label, it had a second section that directed the post office to deliver it (basically forward it) to my street address.
3) Because my street address is an invalid delivery address for the USPS, my package just sat there.

Had it not been for the UPS tracking number I don't know if I'd ever gotten it. Unbelievable.

You are not the first this has happened to. I don't understand the collusion between these carriers and USPS. There is often a reason "we" picked a specific carrier

I had the same damn thing from Amazon. I bought a roll of non adhesive tape for wrapping my dash harness. Looked up the tracking #. And it says "delivered". My name, town, postal code and "Lakefield Post Office" for address?? WTF?? My account with Amazon is current and complete(Po box for me too).
I email seller, no problem, no questions asked, sent another roll out. I go a week later and theres 2 seperate parcels waiting for me...lol
I hate FedEx and make no bones about hating FedEx. But I just had an incident involving both UPS and USPS. First some background.

1) I do not have residential USPS delivery, I have a PO box.
2) UPS does not deliver to a PO box, only to a street address.

So....I order a part from Amazon. Amazon uses UPS so I give my street address. I follow the tracking number and find that my package was picked up at the local post office at a time and date when I was 75 miles away from the post office. Why no delivery to my street address that I provided?

Go down to the post office with the tracking number. They have no clue, will have to check. Go back the next day, they can't find the package and claim that the tracking number I have must have been entered incorrectly. Hmm.

I show them the UPS tracking number again and point out that it was delivered to the post office, that it must be there. So after a manual search of the bins, they found it.

What had happened was:

1) UPS was the initial carrier. The UPS delivery address was....wait for it...MY POST OFFICE, not my street address.
2) On the UPS label, it had a second section that directed the post office to deliver it (basically forward it) to my street address.
3) Because my street address is an invalid delivery address for the USPS, my package just sat there.

Had it not been for the UPS tracking number I don't know if I'd ever gotten it. Unbelievable.

I've likewise had UPS use the USPS for the final delivery leg. When they do this, you are subject to the "I don't care" attitude of the USPS. So things take MUCH longer or never come as you note. My wife just had a letter mailed AT the post office take 2 weeks to go roughly 1-1/2 miles! I doubt the UPS leadership knows the damage to their reputation that the USPS can and will do when the use them. I just cannot understand why UPS and FedEx can deliver stuff without issue but the USPS just can't get out of it's own way. There is nobody holding their leadership accountable so no need to improve. Sad but true. Meanwhile, UPS and FedEx are in competition for business and are FOR PROFIT and thus are run efficiently.

I also have a PO Box, if there’s a large parcel the PO will put it in a much larger PO box and put the key in my box. Most wont deliver to a PO box so I use my business address for things I defiantly want to receive with no hassle.
But had lots of problems with both PO and Fedex

FedEx has a thing called Smart Post. I bet Oops has something similar.
They know USPS has to go to most addresses every day, no matter what. If an address is in an out of the way place they deliver to the PO and let them finish the delivery. Or, in the case of a PO box, the customer does.

I got to tell you I see a lot of delivery complaints here for the different carriers. This Christmas, before and after we haven't had one issue. We had a LOT of Christmas stuff and on line orders this past year..a lot.. and we have done really well .. Have no idea why. I can't think of one issue for some time.. NO I do not, or never had a job with any delivery service, nor does any family member( full disclosure :)).. just lucky I guess.

-
Back