You get one car

-
1969 1/2 super bee black 4 speed

car194bee.jpg

Yep, that's exactly the one I spec'd too!

For pure class and style an early 30's Duesenberg

For the muscle car in me, a 70 Challenger, 440 six pak, 4spd or a Thuderbolt :burnout:

If I had a second choice. It would be a 69 Coronet R/T 440 4spd 410 Dana.

My first cars and I had all four at one time in 1972 were. 62 Polara 361 push button, 66 GTO 389 tri-par 4spd. And two 69 Coronet R/T's Both 4 spd's. I really like the R/T's. My brother inlaw had a blue one. The reason I bought my light yellow R/T. I then ended up with his when my sister divorced him.

The R/T's would hit 135 on the speedo with 410 gears. Wound tight in 4th. The bias tires and manual steering on both made them a handfull to keep on the road. I had many other cars since then But the R/T's bring back the crazy days.

I said Hemi 68 earlier because I never owned one and would love to drive one . I am adding owning a hemi A-body to my bucket list.

Do concept cars count, if so one of the Ghia bodied concept Chryslers from the 50's. I can't remember the name of the one but it was kind of a Corvetteish looking car. Or the Dodge Daroo II. If not a concept car then a Jensen Interceptor (mopar powered) or an unmodified AC ACE.

I love this thread. But it's strange that this question asked on FABO not many people including myself have picked an A body. HMMMM!

I love this thread. But it's strange that this question asked on FABO not many people including myself have picked an A body. HMMMM!

and a surprising number of people didn't even pick a Mopar :protest:

Can't believe the responses here. I would have to pick a Suburban or a minivan. This is your one car, unmodified, you guys really want to make 1000 mile road trips or spend hours in rush hour traffic in a classic muscle car?

Can't believe the responses here. I would have to pick a Suburban or a minivan. This is your one car, unmodified, you guys really want to make 1000 mile road trips or spend hours in rush hour traffic in a classic muscle car?
nope, that's why I picked a car that can do the 1000 mile road trip in under 5 hours lol.

Interesting read and the lack of A-bodies on FABO was a little surprising. The tough decision making isn't so surprising, there are so many to choose from...
For me it would be a '71 Demon, 340 4 spd, non-console, Petty Blue, ralleyes, white stripes...

I haven't made up my mind. It would have to be something comfortable, fuel injected, fast, manual transmission, handles and brakes like no other. It would most likely fall in the sports car category. BMW M3, Bugatti Veyron, or Porsche 918.

OK so I guess since apparently you don't have to pay for this car, its feul or its upkeep, I now will go with a custom built Prevost bus.

the current modern day Shelby Mustang GT500 Super Snake. I'd damn near sell everything for it. LOL

It'd smoke many, many outdated American Iron in every aspect. :)

Do concept cars count, if so one of the Ghia bodied concept Chryslers from the 50's. I can't remember the name of the one but it was kind of a Corvetteish looking car. Or the Dodge Daroo II. If not a concept car then a Jensen Interceptor (mopar powered) or an unmodified AC ACE.
Oh man, That was my second choice was a Jensen. I wanna own one before I die.

OK so I guess since apparently you don't have to pay for this car, its feul or its upkeep, I now will go with a custom built Prevost bus.
I never said that. That's why I said in the very first post you still can have a beater mobile. I'd drive a shitbox '89 Civic everywhere just to drive the Hemi Dart at night. Hell, I daily drive my truck everywhere. It eats gas and I'm broke because of that, but hell, I still enjoy every time I get to take it out

the current modern day Shelby Mustang GT500 Super Snake. I'd damn near sell everything for it. LOL

It'd smoke many, many outdated American Iron in every aspect. :)
My buddy is in the Ford dealership program and has one sitting in his classroom right now. He said he is tempted to take a suspension from the class for taking it out on a spin

But who wants to take their family on vacation in either a crapbox or a Shelby
Supersnake? Yep, a 2 million dollar bus for me....

But who wants to take their family on vacation in either a crapbox or a Shelby
Supersnake? Yep, a 2 million dollar bus for me....

Screw the family vacation. Driving your dream car alone is a real vacation everyday!

69 Valiant, lowest line model with a 318 and manual trans floor shift,black coachman interior,manual steering and front disc brakes,HD suspension and cooling,all tinted glass,no radio,don't know how to get them on the order but the 5.5" wide rims with a large dia. 14" blackwall tire,3-spoke woodgrain steering wheel.poverty hub caps.that would be a 4-speed if possible.also the 8-3/4 with Sure-grip and 3.55 gears.B5 blue. now for Day 2...

-
Back