You guys see this one? [ebay]

-
Hmm thats an interesting find you have, I wonder why everyone is so trusting of what this seller has said and not shown!!!!!!

i mean i see a drawn picture, i dont see an actual car.. Do you?

Whats the deal with that.. and it has 34 bids.. wtf?

no bids here my sneaky friend! exspecailly if its just a picture and someone gets the short end of a stick! HA!

back to you johnny! :headbang:

I see pics. just click PHOTOs...//i'll have to check my other pants and see if i can find the other 80K...may i'll ask my WIFE for it !!!!

I don't have Cable TV at home, but this was apparently a project that was done on a TV show, seems it's the 4th car for this season by a group that specializes in Restifying Muscle cars.

I have not checked this morning, but since it only had about 2 hours to go when I last checked yesterday I don't know if you can somehow still see it in ebay since it sold for $76,100 - but I had it tracked. If you're interested here's the link to the video:
http://turbo.discovery.com/beyond/p...88601&categoryId=255542072&lineupId=281863741

At any rate, it's a way cool car IMHO, and if it is as well done as I presume it is, I think it is worth the $$$ - that is ... to someone who has that kind of $$$ to spend on such a thing.

If any of you actually watched that stupid show you would realize what kind of GARBAGE that guy builds, I put less bondo on my entire 73 Satelite I used to have, then they put into a given quarter on any of their junk rebuilds. I watched the show twice, and both times a damn near threw up because of the crap I saw them do and then pass off at an auction, which IS NOT the place to buy a car if you really want to drive it. If you don't put the garbage they make into a environmentally sealed container it won't look so good in a year or two, I gaurentee it. They depend on auctions to make their money, where people get wrapped up in the excitement of the moment and do not use intelligence when buying. One of the auctions they showed was in, I think Reno, Nv and of course the winners looked like a couple who had probably hit big at the tables and were "Fools looking to be parted from their new found wealth", and of course they were. They bought a bondo buggy. Take note of the title to get a real understanding of Barry and his crew "Wrecks (thats what they get and "fix-up") to Riches (what they become because there are suckers born every minute)"

JMO

Tell us how you really feel........while I agree these shows are bad news. I like watching shows about muscle cars but these things are givings bad names to restoration shops and televising the auctions is driving prices for garbage into the stratosphere.......making people think junk is worth gold.

So I had NO IDEA. from the video clip the thing looked very merry cherry! It seemed that they blasted away all the rust.

But I wondered why $75K and change is all they got for such a "nice" ride, but, if all you say is true, now I know.

I certainly would not plunk down that kind of $ on any car (new, used, rebuilt, whatever) ... but it really did sound legit. Shows how easy one can really be fooled.

On the other hand I tried to sell my '92 Spirit on ebay (it's in really very nice shape) and it only bit up to 831 buck-a-roonies. I did not want to give it away so I'm trying to sell the '75 Valiant now instead via the local paper - one of the two must go, so if I can't get something for the one, I will try the other, kinda deal. But it shows how fickle folks can be at times.

At any rate - again, not that I was about to bid on it - thanks for the heads up!

-
Back